PDA

View Full Version : Shaking Hands when nervous - Advice please

Monalisasmiler
29-09-17, 18:53
My background is I have always suffered with nerves - have controlled this sometimes but recently I have changed roles and my hands are shaking when being watched in my job. I have had the Propranol 40 mg previously and now have the half beta prograne 80 mg.

My question is which is the most effective at controlling the shaking and nerves, and how long does it need to be taken beforehand? Ideally I would like to control my nerves as I know it is mind over matter and wondered if anyone had any experience with hypnosis or magnesium?

Thank you all.

KK77
29-09-17, 19:32
Propranolol is the best med for controlling physical aspects of anxiety imo. Think you would need to take it an hour or so beforehand for full benefits.

Has the propranolol not helped then?

Monalisasmiler
30-09-17, 09:30
Thank you for your response KK.

In others experience is the 40 mg better than the 80 mg slow release, as I did not notice it working that much with the slow release?

Have others had any benefit from hypnosis or magnesium?

Thank you soo much.

Mona

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 ----------

I have been suffering with this for a number of years, however have recently changed job and my hands are shaking when I am being watched. I have Propranol 40 mg and also 80 mg time release.

Has anyone had any experience of self hypnosis or hypnosis helping with this, as I realise this is mind over matter, as if I don't focus on my hands and my nervousness I am ok.

Also has anybody found the 40 mg taken twice a day is more effective than the slow release or the other way around, and what is the best time to take this?

So sorry for all the questions as I am quite aware of this and would like to appear confident in my role not nervous :D

Thank you