PDA

View Full Version : So glad to have found you

Chewie38
30-09-17, 19:15
Hi everyone,

My name is Kristen and I suffer from GAD/panic attacks and depression. I have been reading posts from you all for a number of months and finally decided to join. These things can feel so isolating that it is a relief to know you are not the only one who struggles.

My panic started when I was 19 and had a traumatic experience. They have been fairly well managed since then, with off and on use of meds, but returned a year and a half ago with a vengeance after a miscarriage. Unfortunately, a series of additional trials have prolonged the problem this time around (death of a close friend, watching the suicide of a stranger, bad counseling advice, med and hormonal changes). Now, at 38, I find myself back where I was at 19 and it is scary.

My doctor switched my meds back to venlaflaxine three weeks ago and upped me to my current dose of 150 mg two weeks ago. I am in the stage of feeling worse instead of better, but hoping that I can attribute this to the med changes, which have always been difficult for me. I am also on 50 mg of quetiapine at night to help me sleep.

Oh, and I live in Oregon, USA.

Thanks so much for providing this group,
Kristen

venusbluejeans
30-09-17, 19:23
Hiya Chewie38 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Zenijaz
01-10-17, 20:43
Hi and welcome, Im newbie too