PDA

View Full Version : Alice in Googleland

paranoid-viking
01-10-17, 11:49
The concept of jumping down the rabbit holefits extremely well with how many of us; like myself acts browsing the net for health information hoping to find reassurance that we are not mortally ill just to find the complete opposite. And the deeper we go the worst. So in that way we are Alices in Googleland.
It makes me think of this great music video with TP&TH from the 1980s that was based on Alice In Wonerland. While it is not about the cybercondriacs the theme fits very well with what we go through and our obsessions. Is it as if THE Mad Hatter is Dr. Google telleing us not to come around here no more whatever we are looking for(reassurance that is). Or "stop walking down my street who did you you excpect to meet" makes me think of the cancer forums; which I dont post on FYI but some HAers does it. Yes it fits very well my thoughts and experience. This video:Alice gets eaten up-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0JvF9vpqx8

Anyone agree?
In the end the cybercondriac gets eaten up by Dr. Google and his friends.

paranoid-viking
03-10-17, 11:27
And now The Mad Hatter has passed away. Very sad. R.I.P and R&R in heaven

NervUs
03-10-17, 16:47
Thanks for sharing! I remember that video.

That one is not his greatest song, but you are right- there is a HA angle!

I am sorry to see him go. I haven't listened to his music in a while, but he seemed like one of the greats- artistically and personally.

EKB
03-10-17, 18:15
That's one of my favourite music videos. And there's also a Star Trek TNG episode where Data dreams Troy is a cake - which doesn't have to do with HA, but the Alice cake reminds me of that too.

MyNameIsTerry
04-10-17, 02:06
That's one of my favourite music videos. And there's also a Star Trek TNG episode where Data dreams Troy is a cake - which doesn't have to do with HA, but the Alice cake reminds me of that too.

I'd have a slice of that!! :dribble::yesyes:

daisyflower
04-10-17, 14:33
Funnily enough, 'Wont back down,' played very loud in my car, helps me when I'm swamped in my health anxiety.
You from Oslo, paranoid-Viking?

paranoid-viking
04-10-17, 15:42
Funnily enough, 'Wont back down,' played very loud in my car, helps me when I'm swamped in my health anxiety.
You from Oslo, paranoid-Viking?

In did I am:winks: