PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/IBS stomach cramps

toria
01-10-17, 20:00
Hi I am after a bit of advice please I have had anxiety and ibs for a long time and get flare ups from time to time I had been doing ok even though got a lot of stress going on at the minute family trouble about 2 weeks ago my ibs flared up quite bad stomach cramps going to toilet a lot lots of symptoms and then my health anxiety kicked in big time I couldn't go to work drs give me a 2 week sicknote I was feeling a bit better then my period came and things got bad again, I was just after any advice if anyone has any about ibs and what works for them I obviously think it's much worse because of my health anxiety and I am terrified when the cramps are bad that it's something much worse I am really down and feel like crying all the time I am supposed to be back at work this week I just don't feel like I can go at the minute.thanks for reading xx

daisyflower
01-10-17, 22:06
Yep, going through this at the minute. Have you tried Imodium? My problem is waking up and getting cramps within seconds, then feeling like I need to go all morning. I've also got upper GERD like symptoms now, too.
How about taking Imodium as soon as you wake for a few days? Buscopan works very well for pains and you can take both. Also, what are you eating? Cut out all coffee/tea/chocolate/tomatoes/salad/corn/spinach and brown bread. Stick to a very bland diet of white toast, bananas, white rice and chicken for a couple of days. You aren't alone!

JB1985
03-10-17, 18:08
Hey toria. I'm also dealing with flare ups of IBS for the past 6-7 years, and they seem to be getting worse for me. One thing that did really help for a period of time was probiotics. It COMPLETELY removed my bloated stomach within a weeks time, and keep in mind I almost looked 8 months pregnant (which is not cool as a guy). It also helped with the pain, but it did not clear up my alternating C/D.

I stopped taking the priobiotics, and now my flares a back a few times a year. I think I'll give it a try again to see if it helps on my current flare. They can be bought off Amazon, but please look out for the ratings, as there is a huge difference in the quality. Also, some might work for you and others might not. Don't be disencouraged to try another brand.