PDA

View Full Version : Pubic Lice?

Lily777
02-10-17, 02:53
Hello all,

I'm sorry if this is TMI, but for the past two days my pubic area has been pretty itchy. I'm worried that it is pubic lice. The only person I have ever had sex with is my current boyfriend, so if it is, i got it from him which means he cheated on me. I don't see any pubic lice on my pubic hair, and I am pretty pale so I feel like the lice would be easier to see. I don't have any weird discharge or odor. The only symptom is the itching. I'm less anxious about the thought of having pubic lice and more concerned with the possibility of my boyfriend cheating on me. I can't really confront him about any of it because i don't even know if that's what's going on. Could the itching be psychological? It seems like the more I think about it, the more itchy it feels. I also did shave about a week ago, so maybe it's the hair growing back in? I'm not sure. Has anyone else had itching down there? If so, what did it end up being?

Once again, i'm sorry if this is TMI but i'm incredibly anxious about this. I'm trying to give it some time to clear up before I go rushing off to the doctor.

Thank you!

EDIT: Thank you for the replies. You really eased my mind. I greatly appreciate it.

Pepperpot
08-10-17, 17:22
Hi sorry you have had no reply. I would definitely say its the shaving - this happens to me all the time and it is really itchy for ages til the hair grows back in. You would see the lice x

Fee88
09-10-17, 06:47
I get incredibly itchy around a week after I have shaved when it's growing back in so I would defo think it's that x

Gothfairy
09-10-17, 12:25
It is from shaving, I get it all the time where I can literally scratch myself to bits when it starts to grow back .....

MyNameIsTerry
09-10-17, 12:41
I would say it's the shaving too. Moisturise it, it can help. Shaving hairs changes their structure in a different way to cutting hence they are rougher and you get issues like this.

It's the same with beard hair. And if you have sensitive skin then itching & dryness are common anyway.

Itching isn't something to immediate worry about. Men can experience this due to irritation from vaginal fluid and post sex find themselves scratching. It's just how skin is.