PDA

View Full Version : Worried about brain eating amoeba

Eventhesparrows
02-10-17, 03:48
2 weeks ago I had a tiny bug fly up my nose. I blew it out and kept blowing and blowing after I got it out.

Fast forward to Friday. I woke up with a sore throat, and later that night I had a mild low grade fever and horrible chills.

Yesterday I had a cough, fever all day and severe body aches that got worse last night and my fever peeked at 102. I took some Tylenol, sweated it out and woke up this morning feeling better. Didn't feel like I had a fever and body aches were mild. Weakness was still there though.

Tonight my severe body aches and fever came back and peeked at 103. I took 2 iboroufen a bit ago and I'm sweating and the fever is coming down but not gone. My neck hurts pretty bad but isn't stiff. I can touch my chin to my chest. Now I'm starting to develop a headache too. I'm worried that I could have a brain eating amoeba from that bug two weeks ago.

nivekc251
02-10-17, 04:08
Astronomical odds lol enough to laugh at honestly. It's impossible for you to have that. Sounds like a bad sinus infection I tend to get a fever at night with them. If your fever gets high go get it checked out. Probably so.e type of bacterial infection.

Eventhesparrows
02-10-17, 05:11
Fever is down now, and I'll go to urgent care tomorrow. Praying I don't wake up with nausea, vomiting, stiff neck or headache.

AntsyVee
02-10-17, 05:26
Wait, how does a bug cause brain eating amoeba? I thought they lived in dirty water?

nivekc251
02-10-17, 05:29
With meningitis your fever doesn't break. You get a high fever then other symptoms and they stay until treated. Calm down you have some bug or something.

Hypomean
02-10-17, 05:56
You wouldn't get better with the amoeba you just go down hill from when the fever hits. You got a feve then got better.

Fishmanpa
02-10-17, 13:11
Wait, how does a bug cause brain eating amoeba? I thought they lived in dirty water?

True but this is an HA board... need I say more? :lac:

Positive thoughts

KK77
02-10-17, 15:20
True but this is an HA board... need I say more? :lac:

Positive thoughts

I sincerely hope we don't have these in our office pffft :lac:

ThoughtRot
02-10-17, 15:58
Hi there! I actually have suffered from extreme health anxiety about this exact disorder and have researched it extensively. I think I finally broke myself of it, but I suffered many a panic episode due to this. Conveniently, all of the symptoms for anxiety and panic attacks seem to perfectly line up with the onset of this disease.

You DO NOT have a brain eating amoeba. Period. You would have had to inhale dirty water from a hot spring or fresh water (standing water, not rivers) straight up your nose, and EVEN THEN, you would be hard pressed to contract the disease. Also, they have successfully cured someone of this very recently! That's right, this ultra-rare and fatal disease now has a cure!

Sorry to hear that you are worried about this, but rest easy knowing everything is fine. For anyone else who finds this and is worried about this disease, feel free to message me about it.