PDA

View Full Version : I now have this....

DavidJ85
12-06-07, 19:56
Digestive system/Nausea

What you feel:

All parts of the GI muscles contract , decreasing the flow of digestive juices and slow down your metabolism - but it wants to get rid of what is ready to be excreted – now !!. You may need the loo urgently several times, have tummy pains. This can be from gentle butterflies to a severe pain in the pit of the stomach. Often you swallow air leading to feeling very nauseous or having a churny tummy produces gas that needs to be burped up. You may feel bloated or gaseous, or that there is a lump in your stomach. Sometimes you may feel like you have butterflies in your stomach or that your stomach is tight. Some people refer to it as a 'heavy' stomach. Others experience over acidity or persistent nausea. Sometimes even the thought of eating something will make you nauseous.

(as featured on symptoms bar to the left)

And it is without a doubt the worst symptom I've had so far.

It started with severe stomach cramping and now is nothing more than a strong feeling of nausea just after eating food.

A couple of times I've run to the toilet and tried reaching but nothing happened.

I just want it to go away!!!

ItWillPass
12-06-07, 20:00
uch. I get that too. It is one of the worst symptoms because I find even distraction does not help. I just go through phases where I dont eat a lot. I am very anxious at the moment, and have lost a lot of weight... We have some weddings coming up, so someone asked what they should do to look like me... I said "get anxious". We both jsut laughed and moved on, but im dead serious. I cannot eat. I do find that it goes as quickly as it comes.

lucy0927
13-06-07, 12:44
I get this as well when my anxiety is very bad, just try not to get into the cycle of not eating because your anxiety is bad, then your anxiety gets even worse because you get so hungry. It's a cycle that's hard to break and when you lose a lot of weight as well that adds to the anxiety.

It's one of my worse symptons and it's hard to control because there's not too much to do when you just feel to ill to eat. Little and often I have found is the best.

DavidJ85
13-06-07, 18:54
Yea today I felt a it better but now I'm feeling it again :(

samc100
14-06-07, 13:06
This symptom is my main one. Makes me dread going out in case I need the loo.

It can't be ignored so it's a toughie.

Try to eat little but often. And make what you eat benefical to your body ( i.e. cut out the junk). At first I could only manage a few mouthfuls of food but do try to keep eating something. I also found that if I distracted myself when eating e.g being on the P.C., reading a magazine, I could eat abit more.

Sorry - I don't know any cure, wish I did.

decker6869
15-06-07, 02:15
I definatly get stomach issues with my panic/anxiety!

i get the over-acidity,currently on prilosec OTC for it. i get the feeling of a tense upper abdomen,like its making itself flex and i have to concentrate on it to make it relax. i get the butterflies,also burp a lot,from the air swallowing i think and the nausea,matter of fact, when my panic attacks started the first thing i felt was nausea right before i had the heavy feeling across the top of my chest... which i believe was my dinner refluxing up and causing me distress. but ya man, i have a lot of gastro-intestinal stuff that was brought on by panic/anxiety, either that or the GERD i have brought on the demned panic/anxiety.. im not really sure at this point..

on a side note i have been taking an Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with honey and baking soda remedy for my stomach and this is my 3rd day on it and i think its helping. ill make a post in another week or so after the tonic has had time to work and will let people know if it fixed my stomach or what not.

miss motown
15-06-07, 21:16
ive just been reading your post as ive been experiancing quite a few of your symptoms i just want to ask do you ever get a dry mouth followed by excess slyver which then leaves you with a sore tongue im very worried as im starting to fear this could be somethink else :weep:

DavidJ85
16-06-07, 10:53
Yes definitely my mouth feels like ghandi's flip flop sometimes then waters right up and my mouth gets sore.

summer1
16-06-07, 15:34
I get bad digestion etc with my stress/anxiety/depression i just told the doctor nothing is helping with it. I get a really big ache in my torso(intestinal pain) which then also gives me back ache and nothing shifts it. She gave me some disgusting stuff to drink which is used for treating IBS which is a common thing among people with anxiety etc also i don't eat when i'm really anxious which probably doesn't help when i do then start eating as my tummy probably gets a bit of a shock!! Hope you feel better soon!!

looking4answers
17-06-07, 03:08
Definitely have that alot..Yesterday as a matter of fact.I can identify and the thing about it .. it causes me to have skipped heart beats .I was just riding down the road enjoying the afternoon and felt as though my heart just stopped beating and started again.This happened more than once several heavy times.I realized I was hungry and was on the way home to eat and then it stopped ..so guess its all related. Hope you feel better soon..Michael