PDA

View Full Version : Back, unfortunately

CeeCeeCee
02-10-17, 13:40
Hi, hope someone can help, I have been mostly off the forums of late, had one blip but not for long. However, I am having very strange sensations in my lower back/kidney area. This is mostly after I have been to the loo. I have IBS but this is a throbbing in my back, not my stomach. It soon goes away and isn't that painful, just a strange sensation. This is scaring me and I am trying to ignore it as just something IBS related but worry it's serious. I don't really want to go to the doctors, unlike others with HA, I try to stay away as much as I can in case the doc finds something bad, illogical maybe. Hope this makes sense as it's a bit hard to explain. Thanks.

KK77
02-10-17, 14:39
Could it be related to straining while on loo? All lower muscles are connected so problem in one area can refer pain to another. None of what you've written sounds sinister or serious to me and hope it goes soon.

CeeCeeCee
02-10-17, 21:41
Thanks for the reply. KK. It isn't with straining as I rarely do that. It just feels like a kind of tenseness in my back. Also a bit in my ribcage. I am hoping it is IBS related :-)

Magic
02-10-17, 22:12
CeeCee, just see how it goes in the next few days, maybe if it continues you should put your mind at rest by seeing your doctor.x

CeeCeeCee
03-10-17, 10:15
Thanks Magic, I'm hoping that its just an IBS symptom, I was hoping someone else may have had it. Hope it just goes away. Finding it hard to even explain it to myself as it seems to move about too. I've made an appointment for next week and if it stays the same will go.

JB1985
03-10-17, 18:01
Hey CeeCeeCee. I'm dealing with a very similar thing right now. I've had it before where it went away, and as I'm suffering from IBS I tend to think that is what it is. The only thing is, that it's been going on for quite a while, and I never really figure out what to do to make it go away. I've read a lot of discussion boards regarding IBS and it can definitly cause both pain and sensations on the back (although some sites/docs will tell you it won't).

Basically, I will get pains in different areas primarily around the ribcage, both front and back. I'm not sure that it's all due to IBS, some could also be muscular as I have had a relatively inactive lifestyle the last months.

I also don't want to run to the doctors, especially because I live in a different country and fear I would have to go through all the tests again. Those tests provoke a lot of anxiety for me, especially with all the waiting time.

Anyway, I'm also starting to worry if this could now be my Kidney(s). However, it seems unlikely that both kidneys would be affected by disease? My pain is in both sides, however most prominent on my left side.

CeeCeeCee
05-10-17, 17:31
Thanks for the reply. I keep thinking its ok then it returns. I always feels like there's a niggle there. I have thought it might be kidneys too, but my bladder seems ok. Are you having any waterworks problems?