PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Music?

Gordon
12-06-07, 20:09
Hi All

I was just wondering what music you all listened to?

I love old 60s to 80s reggae, 50s rhythm and blues (proper R&B lol), 60s and 70s soul, northern soul, blues, some jazz and old 80s hip hop.

Take Care

Gordon

Karen
12-06-07, 20:13
I like quite a mix of music.

My favourite though currently are The Carpenters. I think she has such an amazingly moving voice.

Karen

eeyorelover
12-06-07, 20:16
I love alot of music from artists that are dead - LOL
No really I LOVE Janis!!!! She's my fav:yesyes:

I also like The Doors, Hendrix, Cat Stevens (before the Muslim changeover), Dar Williams, basically anything late 60's to late 70's.

I like a little disco but don't tell anyone cuz disco is dead you know - LOL.
Guess that makes it a guilty pleasure:winks:

xxx
Sandy

trac67
12-06-07, 20:20
I listen to absolutly anything, i love songs that i can relate to the lyrics though, and i find singing away at the top of my voice when I am feeling anxious really helps, even though my girls say it doesnt help them very much:blush:

Love

Trac xxx

happyone
12-06-07, 20:31
I love so much stuff and my tastes are always evolving and changing slightly.
It tends to be individual songs with me that I like though as opposed to particular artists, but if push came to shove and I had to pick my 5 CD's/artists that I would save they would be

Neil Young
Dougie Maclean (Scottish Folk)
Janis Joplin
Deacon Blue
Queen

ok, maybe I would save a couple more.....

Meatloaf
Stranglers
Chris Rea
Louis Armstrong
Bob Marley
UB40.......Oh I could go on forever!!!!

Happyone
xx

The Fool
14-06-07, 13:46
hannah montana hannah montana HANNAH MONTANA!!
WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

greenfairywishes
14-06-07, 14:17
I love alot of music!!! Adore going to gigs, just saw snow patrol last week in a tiny venue in glasgow-absolutely amazing!!

A few artists i am listening to at the moment are : snow patrol, bloc party, reindeer section, editors, the kooks, the smiths, blondie, klaxons........ far too many to mention :D

Lindalou64
14-06-07, 14:25
I LISTEN TO ALL ROCK N ROLL ..SOUTHERN ROCK POP ROCK HARD ROCK SOFT ROCK NEW AND OLD .....................LINDA

honeybee
14-06-07, 14:49
ooo.. i like pretty much everything from... EZ rollers to jack johnson... chilli peppers to kosheen... mosheeba to bob marley... the levellers to amy whinehouse... i like pretty much everything except mainsteam pop... especially if im watching it live... cant beat a good stomp to some loud live music...

latic
14-06-07, 16:17
My Faves are:

Morrissey
The Smiths
Kings of Leon
Pixies
Suede
The Jam

and my idol has always been and always will be, the almighty Madge!!!

X

Granny Primark
15-06-07, 19:40
My faves are:
Motown
James Morrison
Lionel Ritchie
James Blunt
Robbie Williams (thats goes without saying cus he used to live 1/2 mile from me)

My fave tune of all time is "children" by Robert Miles

Take care
LYNN xx

happyone
15-06-07, 19:50
Oh Lynn!

I had forgotten all about that track by Robert Miles, I used to love that years ago! I will have to look it out!

Happyone
xx

Jaco45er
15-06-07, 20:01
Angry mood

Nirvana
The Sex Pistols
The Clash
The Damned
The Exploited
The Addicts
Rage against the Machine
System of a down

Good mood

Muse
Foo Fighters
The Levellers
Marillion (one of the best)
AC/DC
The Police
The Manic Street Preachers (Another fav)
The Pixies
Evanescense
The White Stripes

And for complete chilling

RUSH
Pink Floyd
The Cranberries
The Waterboys
Kate Bush
David Gray

I could go on and on

Coni
15-06-07, 20:14
anything and everything....
motown
the clash
the jam
robbie
the fratellis
the feeling
the view
u2
katie melua
snow patrol
the killers
mica
genesis
the pogues
edwyn collins (and orange juice...probably no ones heard of them lol)

anything really...I grew up to the sound of the tartan lads and the alexander brothers (my dads taste)....mixed with some pink floyd and black sabbath (my brother) so had to develop diverse taste of my own lol!

Coni XX

ade
15-06-07, 20:21
sex pistols,blondie,vice squad,banshees,ruts,the jam,the specials,the stranglers

omd,joydivision,the cure new order,echo and the bunnymen,cocteau twins,big black,

p.w.e.i.,portishead,lisa gerrard,lush,massive attack,f.s.o.l.
aphex twin,autechre,prodigy,

sugababes!mogwai,boards of canada,xmit,the dust brothers,

ockegham,tavener,allegri,eberhard weber,

the beatles and the kop in full voice

clickaway
15-06-07, 21:27
Don't know where to begin, so let me think
Kate Bush, Fleetwood Mac, Dixie Chicks, Kate Rusby, Alison Krauss, Beatles, Annie Lennox, Snow Patrol, Bryan Ferry, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Mike Oldfield for example.

My song of the moment is Fountains of Wayne "Someone to Love"

I'm not that keen on The Jam but both Paul Weller and Bruce Foxton were just a few years behind me at school :yesyes:

mynydd
15-06-07, 21:45
OMG what a question.......................aaaaaaaaaaah!

ok, i love music. I love going to c live music i love to feel the music penetrate my chest so to speak!
All kinds depending on my mood:

Manics, RATM, Metallica, Nirvana, Sepultura, The Heights, Red Nature, AC/DC, RHCP, Stereophonics, SFA, Moniars, Razorlight, Arctic Monkeys, Happy Mondays, Soufly, BRMC, Catatonia, Zutons, the Clash, Ramones, Aled Jones :blush: , Stone Roses, White Stripes, The Verve, The Who, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyed, Smashing Pumpkins, REM, Scissor Sisters, Pulp, Oasis, Moby, Cast, Green Day, Jet, eels, Feeder, Dido, Black Sabbath..OZZY! thats enough..... too many to mention depending on how i feel. RATM is good when i need to aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a!!!!!! :yesyes: