PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

alswife
12-06-07, 21:22
My name's Joanna, I'm 37 years old. My problems started about 2 years ago when I started a new job, it was a very stressfull job where I had to take 4 tests before I got made permanent. The first week I started after passing the test I started I started feeling faint and having major panic attacks, obviously this led on to much worse feelings as I had no idea this was anxiety at the beginning. I had to leave the job because things just got worse. I was over breathing, checking my pulse obsessionally and basically just a wreck. The more time went on I started getting feelings of de-realisation and just walking round feeling like either me or the world wasnt real. I started reading the posts on this site a while ago and never realised there were people out there going through the same things as me. I just thought i was going crazy! Anyway 2 years on and I've got a new job, much more relaxed than my old one and I'm more settled. I still get bad days but they are becoming less and less as each month passes. Thanks to everyone who posts on this site, its a massive help to know you are not alone with your feelings.

Joanna:)

trac67
12-06-07, 21:48
Hi,

welcome to the forum you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

groovygranny
12-06-07, 22:01
Hello Joanna, :welcome:to you!

Nope - you're certainly not alone!

Great support and lots of help here!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Lindalou64
12-06-07, 22:16
welcome joanna,
im glad you were able to get yaself back to work and yes to know your not the only one does make it a little easier more so knowing your not crazy like i thot i was ......i wish ya the best....linda x

manmoor
13-06-07, 11:11
Hi Joanna,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Nibbles
13-06-07, 11:24
Hi Joanna and :welcome:

I'm so pleased to hear you're making progress. It helps loads to realise that you're not alone and the support this site gives is brill.

Take care and see you around,

honeybee3939
13-06-07, 14:18
Hi Joanna

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Southern_Belle
13-06-07, 15:39
Hi Joanna,

Welcome to the site. You are not alone and will be amazed at how many feel like you do. You will find support here.

Laura :)

PUGLETMUM
13-06-07, 17:20
hiya joanna,

thanks for your post its very comforting to know that others make very good recoveries, makes me laugh tho that youve posted AFTER you got better and not while you were struggling! but i also dont feel comfortable posting when im in crisis which is why i dissapeared for a while, blah blah, it is just nice to come here and listen to others so you dont feel so alone? and maybe get to know some people better or just give your opinion!

emma

funky chick
13-06-07, 23:10
Hi Joanna,
welcome to NMP sure you will find it great and lots of help take care love Gail xxxx:hugs:

Pink Princess
16-06-07, 22:14
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

nomorepanic
17-06-07, 18:31
Hi Joanna

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

ja
18-06-07, 20:12
Hi Joanna - glad to hear you are on the road to recovery!