PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding after brushing, leukemia

kirstynic
03-10-17, 09:31
Hi

So for the last few days I have had a lot of bleeding after brushing my teeth when I spit out the toothpaste. I havent changed toothbrushes and dont feel particularly sore in the mouth. I have a dentist appointment end of next week.

I googled to see if there is anything to stop the bleeding and was so scared to find leukemia can actually be a cause of it. I have also been getting hot at night which I didn't think much of but know is another symptom. My pajamas do get a little wet when I am hot but not soaked.

I wasnt to worried about the bleeding after brushing but now I am finding that I am really scared :( any one had similar

I am 31.

Azzbo
03-10-17, 09:59
Jumping to conclusions is not going to help anybody and likely drive you nuts, Just relax and wait till your dentist appointment

Bike Rider
03-10-17, 10:10
My gums bleed most times I brush my teeth, have done for 40 yrs, I go to the dentist every 12 months and he says I am fine, I just brush too hard.

Ben1989
03-10-17, 10:36
^^^^ same

daisyflower
03-10-17, 10:58
Mine have bled off on and since I was a child and I'm 31 now. I don't even notice the blood, I just swill it away, that's how normal it is to me. I have good teeth so it's not that. If it was a sure sign of something sinister, I'd have died years ago!

Elen
03-10-17, 12:44
In the meantime you could use a product such as corsodyl.

It is a useful addition to dental hygiene and if your bleeding is caused by gum irritation it will help clear that up.

EmmerLooeez
03-10-17, 14:54
I often see blood after brushing my teeth. I agree that using corsodyl helps. It's pretty common, my dentist said my teeth and gums were in good order.

Elliejane44
03-10-17, 16:16
I always get blood have done for years. don't worry about that.