PDA

View Full Version : Vaginal thrush every month - terrified of chronic candida!

autumnshy
03-10-17, 15:54
For the past year and a half I have been plagued with a vaginal thrush infection the week before my period like clockwork.
This was triggered by taking hormonal birth control, however stopped taking it a year ago, yet my symptoms persist.

I have health anxiety primarily around my heart and heart attacks etc, however am in a place right now where I am keeping that anxiety under control.

However!
I have been taking fluconazole weekly for a few months, and my infections have not gone away, and are even now present throughout most of the month, instead of just before my period. It has gotten worse since I started taking the medication.

I have been reading online about chronic candida infections, and while I do not have any of the other symptoms (I have been diagnosed with very mild ibs, don't know if this may be bacterial overgrowth?) I am beginning to panic about having it!

The internet makes it sound like this thing that is impossible to get rid of, and will destroy my life, and I am getting worried about being stuck with this forever and it progressively getting worse.

Basically, I am asking if there is anyone out there who has sufferred with monthly thrush infections and firstly, managed to cure it, but secondly, not had chronic candidasis either.

Give me hope that this is not a lifelong affliction and I will find a cure!! :(