PDA

View Full Version : Asymmetric cartilage

lyndau63
03-10-17, 18:03
Hi,

I recently noticed that one side of the cartilage in my neck seemed larger than the other. I eventually gave in to my HA and went to thebdoctor who is sending me for a scan because it is so near the thyroid of course. She doesn't think it is anything to worry about but I am worried. It doesn't help that we are going on holuday with our children and grandchildren at the weekend. Ladt time we wentbaway we got a sicness bug and the time before that I had some post menopausal bleeding. Till May we hadn't had a proper holiday since 2007 so why has this happened now and how can i stop worrying?

Thelegend27
06-10-17, 08:04
We are not as symmetrical as some would have you believe, my left ribs stick out further than the right, it doesnt bother me anymore because i understand that our left side of our body isn't a mirror of our right.

elysemarie123
06-10-17, 14:30
The cartilage in my ears are different and I even have bump behind my left ear that I've had my whole life and never worried about it. I think Fishmanpa posted a little while ago how doctors do "CYA" all the time. The doc was just being overly cautious and I'm sure everything is fine.

Also - every time I go on vacation I have a bought of anxiety before. I think it's the fear of the unknown on vacation. I have now recognized it and am able to dismiss it before it gets severe so that I can enjoy my vacation! Don't think of it as "why now" -- just think of it as another day and let go and enjoy your vacation!

budgie1979
06-10-17, 17:13
Also - every time I go on vacation I have a bought of anxiety before. I think it's the fear of the unknown on vacation. I have now recognized it and am able to dismiss it before it gets severe so that I can enjoy my vacation! Don't think of it as "why now" -- just think of it as another day and let go and enjoy your vacation!

Ugh, I have this too. And I love traveling, so it's really a bother to be so anxious any time I'm leaving town. I'm actually going away this weekend, and I've been dealing with migraines every day this week (it's also my period, so it's the perfect storm of stress and hormones). I've tried to figure out what it is about going away that does this, and I can't pinpoint anything other than a fear that I'll get sick and "ruin" the trip. Which of course is silly, and it's completely counterproductive because my worrying about getting sick is actually making me feel sick.

lyndau63
06-10-17, 21:16
Thank you all for those encouraging replies. I have been to hospital this afternoon and, ironically, although the scan and other texts did mot show up anything in the area I was worried about, they did find a nodule on my thyroid. He said he was 75% certain it is benign, no need for biopsy and go back in 6 months to see if it has changed. I have been reading of course since i came home and apparently most women over 60 have one and 95% of them are benign but i cannot get out of my brain that he was only 75% sure mine is. I now have to face 6 months not knowing and still not worry free for my holiday. I am disappointed to say the least. I had hoped to come home feeling elated.

lyndau63
07-10-17, 20:07
Hi again. I am off on holiday tomorrow so any comments tonight to help me would be welcome.

Fishmanpa
07-10-17, 20:24
Hi again. I am off on holiday tomorrow so any comments tonight to help me would be welcome.

Have a GREAT time! :D

Positive thoughts

lyndau63
07-10-17, 21:50
Thank you. I am always grateful for God's gifts and will be going to church with my son and grandchildren before we leave.:)