PDA

View Full Version : HIV worry :(

jj82
04-10-17, 07:33
Hello everyone

I am so glad there is a forum like this to help people like me. My worry about HIV is back after visiting a doctor's office for my pregnancy check up. As I was waiting for my husband to pick me up, I asked the receptionist at the office for WiFi password. She kindly handed me a little card with WiFi details. After sorting out the wifi, I noticed a tiny ( did not notice it before) red dot/smudge on the card which definately looked like blood. I assume she transferred it on the card after she touched it to hand it over to me. I did not have cuts on my skin, but I touched my phone and headphones etc before I noticed the dot. Now I am worried I may got my baby infected. What reassures me is that there were no cuts on my hands, but I do not remember if I touched my eye etc in the meantime and I definetely touched my headphones before I put them in my ears and before noticing that red dot. What do you think? Would you consider this a risk? :unsure:

CleverLittleViper
04-10-17, 10:16
No, that is not remotely a risk.

I think you need to focus on what is making you have these irrational thoughts-because it is irrational to think this way-anxiety. Have you seen a doctor about your anxiety?

jj82
04-10-17, 10:36
No, that is not remotely a risk.

I think you need to focus on what is making you have these irrational thoughts-because it is irrational to think this way-anxiety. Have you seen a doctor about your anxiety?

Thank you so much for your answer. I have not yet, but I am planning to. Although I am not even sure which doctor to talk to. I spoke to a GP. He said to tell myself out loud "this is not true" amd get on with my day. This has not helped much, unfortunately.

CleverLittleViper
04-10-17, 10:59
Thank you so much for your answer. I have not yet, but I am planning to. Although I am not even sure which doctor to talk to. I spoke to a GP. He said to tell myself out loud "this is not true" amd get on with my day. This has not helped much, unfortunately.

That doesn't sound very helpful at all.

It can be hard trying to find a doctor that is sympathetic and understanding of anxiety, particularly HA. They are out there, it can just take some searching.

Do you frequently have these kinds of thoughts/fears?

jj82
04-10-17, 12:57
That doesn't sound very helpful at all.

It can be hard trying to find a doctor that is sympathetic and understanding of anxiety, particularly HA. They are out there, it can just take some searching.

Do you frequently have these kinds of thoughts/fears?

Thank you for being so understanding. I do, yes. Especially when it comes to HIV. Every day there is something or other that comes up and I think: Well, this is it NOW I am infected. I start thinking what my life would be and feel terrified considering the stigma of it. I wish people would treat it like diabetes. Bad desease, of course, I would not wish it on anybody, but at least diabetics are not subjeted to so much prejudice and harsh judgement. When I was little, HIV was the desease parents would try to scare their children about. Maybe it stems from there for me.

daisyflower
04-10-17, 14:28
Not a chance!

jj82
04-10-17, 16:28
Thank you :) x

Becazican
04-10-17, 16:45
hiv dies as soon as it hits the air, please learn how hiv transmits. there is no way you can get hiv this way