PDA

View Full Version : Lymphoma Fears PLEASE HELP

Yag Dev
05-10-17, 04:51
I am a 21 year old male in college currently. One month ago, on my birthday specifically I came down with a mild 99.5 degree fever. It went away in about 24 hours. Roughly a month later (basically 4 days ago), I ended up getting another fever, this time full blown with all other symptoms (congestion, fatigue, body aches, AND some preceding dizziness which I had for quite some time before).

Tonight was my scariest symptom. I got an intermitted subcutaneous itch on my right shin area. It doesn't go away when I scratch it but rather seems to migrate. This is exactly the symptom many lymphoma sufferers have mentioned in the past.

I checked my neck, and there don't seem to be any lymph nodes that are swollen. My Primary Care Physician did not notice anything in my appointment one month ago. I confessed to her back then that I had some fears about lymphoma but she kinda just laughed it off because the fever was so mild and barely any other symptoms presented.

Here's another detail I'd like to mention. I was diagnosed 5 months ago with an autoimmune disorder known as Parsonage Turner Syndrome which results in neuroinflammation and subsequent demyelination of brachial nerves. So both my arms became very weak. I ultimately recovered in the 5 months (which is considered exceptional). I was on neurontin for the nerve pain at one point.

HOWEVER, here is one GOOD thing I can say. I have not had "night sweats" per se. Sometimes in the afternoon after a nap I wake up ever so slightly sweaty. Furthermore, when I saw my primary care physician one month ago, I was 152 pounds. I checked my weight four days ago, and I was about 159.8 pounds. So I was relieved to see that I hadn't lost any serious weight. But my legs look kinda skinny sometimes tho...

PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE!!!!

Yag Dev
05-10-17, 19:26
Can someone please help me out?? My fever broke and has stayed gone for the past two days, but I still have some residual dizziness. Can someone help me please??

Fishmanpa
05-10-17, 20:49
There's no indication from what you said that anything is going on :shrug: But I think deep down you know this.

Positive thoughts

KK77
05-10-17, 21:18
You use a lot of medical terms, which to me, indicate Googling. An itch on its own cannot logically be indicative of anything, whether it's an "intermittent subcutaneous" one or just a regular Joe one.

I'm sorry about your "autoimmune disorder" but I really think your anxiety is the driving force here.