PDA

View Full Version : Head pain Fears

Karahi
05-10-17, 06:12
Does anyone ever get on and off sharp pains on the left side of their head? Could this be some kind of tension type headache? What I've read is that tension headaches are like, pressure on both sides or described as having your head in a vice. This isn't really that. It's sharp, not too severe and I'm not noticing any accompanying symptoms such as dizziness or lightheadedness or nausea. Is it nothing to be worried about? I did the thing you definitely aren't supposed to do and googled it only to find /three/ possible causes:

Occiptal Neuralgia, Brain Tumor or maybe even Giant Cell Arteritis. None of which sounds fantastic but by jove it better be ON if any.

On the other hand, could it be something benign? When should I see a doctor about this?

Blonde123
05-10-17, 07:53
Hi. I had this about 2 years ago. They were on my left side and like sharp stabbing pains that weren't really lasting long enough to be painful but lasted for weeks at a time. I saw a Dr once and he had no clue. I had them and then they disappeared. The best description I could find was ice puck headaches because that described the sensation perfectly but it was no where near that painful so I don't think it was them x

Karahi
05-10-17, 08:02
That sounds about right. Like, maybe lasting 30 seconds at most each time. I considered ice pick headaches as well but like you said those are generally considered way worse. Like a sub category of migraine I guess. Maybe there's no reason to worry though. I mean, something like serious that would have chronic effects like a tumor would have a bunch of other symptoms and something acute like stroke or a blockage or whatever would be, well acute. It wouldn't cause symptoms for months, right? I'm probably (definitely) just getting paranoid.

It could just be from bad neck posture for all I know. At any rate, I feel better knowing someone's had something similar.