PDA

View Full Version : Germs and bateria ocd... but i do not have history or germs ocd.

Audi
05-10-17, 10:37
Ocd is pestering me now for the past few days... after i got my new watches... keep worried about my watch. Like... germs ...bateria.... and etc...

A few days ago... i was eating at the road side food stall.. the table was wet and abit smelly and i still feel ok when my watch touches the table but few days later which is today... ocd starts to haunt me that my watch has germs and bacteria and smell on it.... although idid use a antibacterial wet tissue to clean it... but this instruvise thought still in my head...

I dont wish to sell my watch... i had been buying and selling away my watch due to ocd... this time round i really dont wish to sell. But the thought keeping appear in my mind.

Audi
05-10-17, 19:16
Any asvise

Juustopallo
05-10-17, 19:39
OCD is all about uncertainty and reacting to that uncertainty by trying to make it go away. By cleaning and selling your watch you are engaging in compulsive behavior. You know what keeps OCD going? Compulsive behavior. By cutting out the compulsions, you weaken OCD. Don't react to your anxiety about germs. Don't try to escape the anxiety. You can do all the things that are important to you while having that thought in your head. Say to yourself "It's true this watch is contaminated! It has all the bacteria in the world! But you know what? I won't react. I'm better than that. I'll focus on things that really matter.". It will probably make you anxious as hell but the more you do do this, the weaker ocd gets.

ReySkywalker
07-10-17, 23:34
OCD is horrible is takes over your life :)