PDA

View Full Version : Very worried about Trazadone

Geepee
05-10-17, 12:51
Hello - please do not read this post if you have concerns about Trazadone as I don’t want to trigger anxiety in others.
Please could someone help me. I am having very bad health anxiety and I have tried various medications. Trazadone is my most recent tablet and I was fine until I was on the Internet and read that sleeping tablets are linked to cancer. It was a study by a man called Kripke.
Is Trazadone one of these tablets? I know it is popular for sleep.
Please could someone help me? Is Trazadone in the same class of drugs. I am so confused and my GP is so frustrated with me.
Thank you

Mark13
21-10-17, 18:50
I realise it's been a couple of weeks since you posted, but I've just come back to this site and didn't want you to think you'd been ignored (there's not a lot of folk here on trazodone).

Firstly, be very wary of what you read on the web. Stick to the most trusted health sites.

Secondly trazodone is an anti-depressant, not a sleeping tablet. It's just has drowsiness as a side effect which helps you sleep, same as amitriptyline.

Hope everything's OK with you.

Mark

Geepee
23-10-17, 11:14
Thank you very much for your kind reply.
I am feeling a lot better about the tablet.
Thank you for the good advice too- I Google far too much.
Thank you.

swgrl09
23-10-17, 13:08
Hi Geepee, trazadone was prescribed all the time in the psychiatric clinic I worked in. It is a really common medication to be used. If it caused cancer, doctors would not be prescribing it so often.

Geepee
23-10-17, 18:01
Thank you. I got myself very worked up about this. Thank you for your kind reply. I have been taking the Trazadone but was worried. Thank you for your help.

Chick100
23-10-17, 18:08
Hi geepee.
I just changed to Trazadone and my sister has been on a very low dose for a good few years now. No ill effects except the start up usual's.

Hope your mind is at rest now :)