PDA

View Full Version : More about Tingling

GG19
05-10-17, 13:05
I suffered from this in my hands and feet a couple of months ago and got referred to a neurologist I had come to the conclusion myself that is was probably due to anxiety but not before I got myself in a complete state about MS. I saw a therapist before the neurology appointment and talked to my sister who told me she has also got tingling in her arms when she was going through her divorce and as it began to diminish after I saw the therapist I was happy to accept the neurologist telling me it was due to stress. He did a basic neurological exam and said if it took an MRI to set my mind at rest and his word was not enough we could arrange it.
I took his word for it and it all went away - though he also told me that it would happen again and it did.
It is perhaps not a coincidence that it started a few days before I went on holiday with my 3 small children (probably stressing with the packing and making sure i had everything I need).
But this time it feels stronger in my right foot than my other extremities ( my chiropractor told me right around this time that my right leg was a bit twisted and my pelvis out, my pelvis is out frequently) and that was what got me worried about ms again. If it was symmetrical like before I don't think I would question it and let it worry me so much.
When your tingling sensations happen with stress do they appear differently each time or does it alway reappear in the same manner ?
When I am busy and doing things I do not notice it at all and I am trying not to focus on it but I obviously am as I am on here.
I guess I am asking because it feels less symmetrical does that mean it is not anxiety or maybe my right leg having been twisted on that side is increasing the feelings on that side ?

GG19
06-10-17, 09:50
Anyone ?
I am interested in if your anxiety tingling presents in the same way each time or if it varies in intensity and location ?

Happy35
06-10-17, 11:34
MIne are different, have been on and off for over a year now, were symmetrical but now often more on one side than the other now, although are always on both sides to a varying extent,

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 ----------

I mean they appear on each side at some point during the day, not at the same time.

GG19
06-10-17, 11:52
Thanks - that is what I am experiencing this time. I wish it would just go away so I do not freak out about MS when it appears. Maybe after it happens a few times the acceptance of it being anxiety becomes easier ?

Happy35
06-10-17, 15:14
It does become easier but I still have periods of health anxiety, where all my fears come back. I am hoping given time I will forget about it.