PDA

View Full Version : Positivity for a change

Noworryjonny
05-10-17, 17:00
Hi guys today I'm feeling a bit more positive, yes my back hurts but I've been given a diagnosis of poor posture and a weak core An my anxiety is intensifying the pain by 100, I really just have to accept the doctors and MRI and full blood count over my google diagnosis as hard as that is, and realise that my symptoms won't disappear in a day it could take weeks / months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

Positivity gets no replies [emoji23][emoji23]

ServerError
05-10-17, 17:09
Is this still a reassurance technique? Otherwise I'd question why it mattered how many replies you got. You also didn't really say anything to reply to.

Positivity does get less attention, though. It's great that you're starting to see the role anxiety is playing in your suffering.

Ellient
05-10-17, 19:00
I really think if you're suffering with health anxiety while trying to get better coming on this site to clearly get replies when you have a good day will be detrimental to your anxiety, you are now aware you don't MS your symptoms are due to anxiety.

You are still googling other conditions - fibromyalgia for an example to explain your symptoms that have already been explained to you by a MRI.

If you have a good day great, but would anyone having a great day feel the need to come onto a health anxiety forum?

I would stop googling and try to get better before using this site regulary before someone comes on here with a worry and triggers you off with it.

:hugs:

Noworryjonny
05-10-17, 19:04
I understand where you are coming from but I was hoping people would see you can go from being worried one and being positive the next that it's not all bad, that's all I was trying to do.
Sorry

Fishmanpa
05-10-17, 19:07
I understand where you are coming from but I was hoping people would see you can go from being worried one and being positive the next that it's not all bad, that's all I was trying to do.

I understand what you're saying as well but I agree with the previous posters that it's an abstract attempt at reassurance. While it's great you're having a good day, one good day is only a step on the path out of the rabbit hole.

Positive thoughts

Ellient
05-10-17, 19:08
Don't apologise, I was trying to help you. This site can be very triggering and if you ever feel like you're getting better this can take you back to square one - in some people.

Positivity rarely gets a reply because by tomorrow the person will probably be worrying again :roflmao:

Have you tried anything for your back like deep heat? I used to suffer with shoulder pain constantly and deep heat was a life saver.

Noworryjonny
05-10-17, 19:09
Ok thank you and yea I will give that a go

elysemarie123
05-10-17, 19:10
Congrats Jonny! This is the first of many better days.

pulisa
05-10-17, 19:29
My advice would be to keep off this forum for a good few days and work on reinforcing your positivity. So many posts on here can be very triggering in the early days of recovery so give yourself the best chance possible and stay well away from "dramatic" symptoms and thoughts of worst case scenarios...?

Noworryjonny
05-10-17, 19:30
Thank you I know I will have a dip at some point of course I will but I just wanted to let people know I'm having a better day but I think your right in saying it's a weird way of seeking reassurance

pulisa
05-10-17, 19:32
Thank you I know I will have a dip at some point of course I will but I just wanted to let people know I'm having a better day but I think your right in saying it's a weird way of seeking reassurance

It would have been ok if you hadn't needed replies..:D

KK77
05-10-17, 21:00
Sorry

You could always help other members out on the HA board, but as others say, it can be triggering :lac:

Fishmanpa
05-10-17, 21:07
You could always help other members out on the HA board, but as others say, it can be triggering :lac:

True KK... it's always good that those who are recovered or well on their way help others here. That being said, being the OP attempted to harm himself a month ago and in light of the posts since then, some hard work and time is needed to be in that position.

Positive thoughts

KK77
05-10-17, 21:43
True KK... it's always good that those who are recovered or well on their way help others here. That being said, being the OP attempted to harm himself a month ago and in light of the posts since then, some hard work and time is needed to be in that position.

Positive thoughts

I have noticed a gradual improvement in the form of more acceptance recently, but as you say, it's still a long road to full recovery, and that takes time.

I would say this to Jonny though: You don't need an excuse to post if you feel you need support. We are always willing to help.

Noworryjonny
05-10-17, 21:45
Thanks guys, I know there is a hell of a long way to go before I'm back to my normal self but to see how much I've improved from a month ago to now I just hope others who are going through the same thing can see with support and people on here you can make progress

Fishmanpa
05-10-17, 22:03
The key with your recovery is always putting one foot in front of the other. It's really no different than my road to recovery from cancer. It's taken years and despite often taking one step forward and two back, I've made tremendous progress. IMO, recovery from mental illness is not much different than recovering from a serious physical illness. You have good days and not so good days but the key is always continue to take another step forward.

IMO, recovery is different than healed. Healed implies there are no remaining issues or side effects. Much like healing from the common cold. After a month, you're back to normal. Again IMO, recovery is an ongoing process that requires effort and dedication as well as tolerance and patience. One cannot be left untouched by their struggle be it mentally, physically or both.

You started the path... stay on it! You've taken steps that many here have not and you deserve a pat on the back for that. Don't allow yourself to be sucked into the reassurance rabbit hole and thwart your progress.

Positive thoughts