PDA

View Full Version : Heart palps causing stomach pains

Hypomean
05-10-17, 20:02
I've noticed for a while now I feel stomach cramps like before you get hit with a loose stomach after experiencing heart palps. Right now I'm feeling a ton of them and my stomach is killing me. After a bad cramp I feel breathless. And I still get thrown its anxiety? Is it really?
I didn't feel anxious at all this morning but I felt the palps and my stomach just started hurting.

Mrs.Anxiety
05-10-17, 20:09
The palps are probably making you anxious or throwing you off guard. When you're nervous, your stomach cramps up. Think of your stomach as your second brain, and you'll start to notice how much our stomachs influence how we feel!

Velociraptor
05-10-17, 20:21
Yes, I agree with Mrs.Anxiety.

I've read a lot about how our anxiety can cause havoc with our stomach/bowels.

If I had to guess, I would say that the heart palps are making you anxious, and this in turn is causing your stomach/bowel issues.

If they only appear to happen after the palps, I think it's a logical conclusion to come to anyway.

Give it a couple of weeks, and just try to relax. Keep telling yourself that this is just anxiety and see how it goes.

You got this :)

Hypomean
05-10-17, 20:24
You really think so?

Right now I'm really experiencing stomach upset and jaw tightness.
I've seen the symptoms for women suffering heart attacks and it's my fear right now. I'm mentally exhausted, right this moment. I've been through much and I'm really starting to think something is definitely something wrong as opposed to anxiety. But that is anxiety talking right?
if i get the fluoxetine help will I be having to take it for the rest of my life? Is it worth it to stop these symptoms and thoughts?

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

I've had this for months but as of late it's getting worse.

bin tenn
06-10-17, 02:55
What does it matter if you have to take a med for the rest of your life? If it eliminates or reduces the anxiety, do it. I also agree that the anxiety caused by palpitations will cause muscle tension - absolutely normal. It can cause stomach, neck, shoulder, jaw, back, etc pain.

Hypomean
06-10-17, 05:20
What does it matter if you have to take a med for the rest of your life? If it eliminates or reduces the anxiety, do it. I also agree that the anxiety caused by palpitations will cause muscle tension - absolutely normal. It can cause stomach, neck, shoulder, jaw, back, etc pain.

I used to be all for until recently....
I had not seen an aunt for some time now, probably 4-5 years, she has been taking Prozac 20mg for over 20 years with Xanax to help with panic attacks. She wasn't doing well and my cousins really think it's because of her meds.
I could do like what my doctor had prescribed he wanted to see me on it for a year if therapy helped out then I would learn to have the coping mechanisms to deal with the anxiety without meds then he was going to slowly ease me off.
I'm seeing how bad this anxiety has me right now and I don't see a way out. So my fear is what if I'm stuck with these meds for life?? What if a become so dependent on them and I become like my aunt.

Thelegend27
06-10-17, 07:51
i'm not sure what you mean by loose stomach after heart palpitations. i've had heart palpiatations for years and they never upset my stomach, so it could be the anxiety causing your stomach to cramp and become upset. im no doctor, and for that reason i will say you need to get professional advice regarding the palpitations even though palpitations are rarely serious it'll bring you some peace in mind seeing a doctor believe me i put off seeing the doctor for 3 years and by that time i had already gotten so depressed and full of anxiety.

---------- Post added at 01:51 ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 ----------

mrs anxiety has a good point, when my anxiety gets bad my stomach gets upset from time to time.