PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I am going mad-so many symptoms

80schild
05-10-17, 23:05
Hi, I have not posted on here for a long time. I have HA which tends to flare up when I don't have any 'real' problems or focus going on, in other words when I have more time to think. I am a 37 year old mum of two and my kids are my whole world. I am a single mum and am so terrified of dying before they grow up.

I have previously been worried over skin cancer, ovarian cancer, motor neurone disease most specifically.

This recent episode of it started in June when someone asked if I had lost my voice. I then became obssessed my voice was hoarse and googled it. Firstly I convinced myself it was throat cancer, then when I looked at other cancers I began to think it could be my oesophagus as sometimes I felt a lump sensation and food seemed to scratch in my throat as it was going down and I'd get a burning sensation at the back of my throat. I also get tight feeling in my throat and chest.

This obsession then switched to pancreatic cancer when I started to feel intermitent feelings of fullness or mild pain on the left side. Additionally I convinced myself my eyes looked yellow.

Now in addition to this for the last two weeks I have been passing hard pebble like stool with mucus covering it. I have had this previously in the past but of course now I am thinking colon cancer. I have recently given up drinking but when I was drinking I was the opposite, constant loose stool if I had had more than a glass of wine the night before (this is why I quit drinking). My diet is really bad at the moment too-the logic part of me says these symptoms are down to not eating enough fibre (most of my daily intake is biscuits and chocolate) but the irrational part keeps saying I am full of cancer everywhere.

Other than these vague symptoms I am fit and healthy, don't feel tired which again logic tells me would not be the case if I were riddled with cancer but then I will read or hear about a 25 year old gym goer who found out she had stage 4 cancer on a routine doctors appointment and logic goes out of the window.

Booboo111
05-10-17, 23:50
It's always funny, a bit reassuring, and even more of a reality check when someone on here describes almost exactly what you're dealing with, in terms of our health anxiety. This is me to a tee! In fact I just posted on here for the first time in 6 months and I went to the doctor today because I swore I felt lumps in my neck and I thought I was a little hoarse and clearing my throat a lot and the doctor felt nothing and told me if I had to dig or pole or prod, then nothing was swollen or worrisome. And all the fears you describe that youve had ive had myself! Literally.

I will say a prayer for you 80schild, that relief comes for you soon! I myself will be signing off for a long time because I find that sometimes these posts can exacerbate our condition.....