PDA

View Full Version : Left sided chest pain 12 hours very edgy

gordie1
06-10-17, 12:33
Hi there I have been having left sided chest pain just beside left nipple now for 12 hours. I was quite anxious last night and took a Valium and 2 paracetamol at midnight and I slept well and the same at 7am the pain does not keep me wake but it is there all the time when I am it comes 3 or 4 times a minute for 1 or 2 seconds, the only thing I can think I have done is I was leaning over my computer for 6 hours playing this game on Facebook and I did notice that when I am anxious I clutch my arms in to the left side of my chest. Surely a heart attack would not last 12 hours and be able to sleep as well. I did make the mistake of googling.

CleverLittleViper
06-10-17, 15:08
Chest pain can be caused by many things, including a heart attack, but also including anxiety. Obviously, due to the fact that it is chest pain, my advice will have to be to err on the side of caution and try and get evaluated by a doctor just for safe-keeping. Not because I think you've had a heart attack or anything, but no one on here can diagnose or offer true medical advice.

Did you notice the pain came on after you spent that time playing the game? Were you hunched over at all? Does it come on at rest -i.e. when you are simply sitting and not doing anything particularly strenuous? Or does it tend to come on when you are active?

Can you point to the pain if someone asked? For most people with heart-related chest pain, according to my doctor, generally cannot locate where the pain is stemming from.

It could very well be muscular, or anxiety-related. But, due to the fact that it is chest pain, it is worth getting it checked out-because there may be something they can do to help out in either instance. Just to be on the safe side.

It does not sound like a heart attack or anything, though.