PDA

View Full Version : what kind of meds do you take for panic disorder

Ethansmom
06-10-17, 15:38
Just wondering what meds help you all?

pulisa
06-10-17, 17:58
None at all. They are not essential for panic/anxiety management.

Ethansmom
06-10-17, 19:15
So do you have panic disorder? If so, how do you control it? Tips please!

pulisa
06-10-17, 19:54
I'm not frightened of physical symptoms. They are harmless. The more afraid you are of them the worse they are. I'm bored of mine.

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

My opinion for what it's worth (I am no doctor) is that the clonazepam could be a real problem for you in terms of dependency.

Carrera74
06-10-17, 20:31
Oh I wish I was bored of my physical symptoms of panic. I know I am feeding my panic... it terrifies me and we all know that once you're no longer afraid you've beaten it. I have been as low as I am now 3x. I have been prescribed betablockers the last 2 times but this time I am still on them since I started them 2 years ago. I haven't fixed the root of it so the medication is only working so much and now it's back and seemingly worse than ever. It's exhausting and depressing :(

pulisa
06-10-17, 20:57
I haven't beaten it but I manage it. I'm a carer so I can't afford to feel anything other than acceptance that I have an anxiety/panic disorder (and other issues)and I get a variety of physical symptoms which are tedious and ultimately harmless.

Ethansmom
07-10-17, 14:42
Yeah . once I can beat my fear of the physical symptoms I think I can get over my panic disorder. And yes I'm depend on clonazepam for now that's a whole other issue. I am determined to get over this!!!

Shezney
07-10-17, 16:50
I take.mirtazapine, sertraline and olanzapine but im still really bad with panic attacks

pulisa
07-10-17, 18:09
Yeah . once I can beat my fear of the physical symptoms I think I can get over my panic disorder. And yes I'm depend on clonazepam for now that's a whole other issue. I am determined to get over this!!!

You will make things a lot easier for yourself if you can lessen your fear and believe that anxiety symptoms are just that and nothing "physical" or sinister. If you don't believe that you are experiencing anxiety symptoms no meds will help you.

ana
07-10-17, 20:55
Venlafaxine and occasionally Rivotril

Ethansmom
11-10-17, 02:21
I agree pulisa. Im working on not being afraid of the physical symptoms. I'm a work in progress.... I want to find a good, safe med that will help me through this. Has anyone tried effexor?

Ellecee
11-10-17, 04:58
I take Low Dose Naltrexone for my autoimmune issues. It has helped stabilize my moods. I do have breakthrough anxiety during hormonal shifts, but I haven't had a panic attack in quite some time. It has helped more than any SSRI that I have tried, and has much fewer side effects.