PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

MJunderway
06-10-17, 15:43
Hello!

I'm someone who struggles with HA and OCD. I also used to have social anxiety but I've been able to overcome that through deep breathing, of all things. I've had HA since I was very young, most likely as a result of an invasive and, turns out, unnecessary procedure and it also didn't help that my mom always catastrophized every little thing.

HA is my biggest hurdle and the one I wish to overcome to live a more vibrant and full life. I found No More Panic a few years ago during a marathon google session over some perceived health scare or another. Since finding the forum, I've made it a point to refrain from Googling symptoms and instead working with doctors I trust and coming here when I feel the need to Google.

I've finally decided to join when I got a bit of scary medical news (in my opinion) and I realized i could either continue living my life constantly fearful and worried or I could reprogram myself to be ok with the unknown and live a vibrant life. Thank you for this wonderful community!

venusbluejeans
06-10-17, 15:58
Hiya MJunderway and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

MJunderway
06-10-17, 19:31
Thanks, I will! :)

JamesG_UK
06-10-17, 19:50
Hey MJ, Welcome :-) I'm a fellow HA sufferer and I've had OCD in the past. It's great to be able to talk to others about this. Nice to meet you! J

MJunderway
07-10-17, 01:57
Hi James!

HA and OCD seem to go hand-in-hand. I’d love to be able to get rid of both eventually. It really does help to talk to others going through the same thing.

Best,
Megan