PDA

View Full Version : Are my symptoms anxiety?

lukor
06-10-17, 16:28
Ok, so here's my story

I've been plagued by frequent headaches for past few years, but everything was fine until this June when i had my first panic attack. After the panic attack, i had about two weeks of constant chest pain and felt dizzy all the time. I went to have my heart checked and everything was fine. Then i developed CONSTANT headaches that usually last whole week, which makes me freak out a lot. It goes away and always comes back few days later. Painkillers don't help at all, neurologic exam went fine and i was prescribed Sympramolol, which stopped my panic attacks completly but headaches are still troubling me. It's constant mild-moderate headache which sometimes turns into painful migraine. Now i'm 6th day into it. On rare days when i don't have a headache, i still feel as if pins are randomly pinching my brain.

My neurologist said i can do MRI if i want, but im very claustrophobic. Anyone exprienced this kind of constant headache?

Excuse my english.

YsabellaBug
09-10-17, 07:33
You'd be surprised by what constant mental stress can do to your physical wellbeing. Panick may come from the mind, but the response is PHYSICAL. Blood pressure shifts, your eyes dilate, and digestion slows or stops. All of these physical side effects to panic or anxiety can cause migraines.

Also, being stressed can cause you to unconsciously clench muscles! Tooth grinding and shoulder tension can cause incredible migraines in some people.

Painkillers won't help stop the source of the migraines. But short-term anxiety medication can help a lot.

Was this helpful?