PDA

View Full Version : I'm so discouraged, feels like I'll be stuck like this forever.

cattia
06-10-17, 17:48
It's been three weeks now since I started SSRI meds for my anxiety and I feel worse than ever. Physically exhausted, more anxious, no motivation, foggy head, panic every day, can barely make it through each day. Worried I'm going mad or having some sort of mental breakdown, worried I won't be able to hold down my job and look after my family. Even my health worries have taken a back seat because all I can think about is how bad I feel. I just want to feel normal again, even just for a little while.

BrokenGirl
06-10-17, 18:48
Hi, I'm really sorry that you're feeling so bad. Unfortunately a lot of us can relate to it.
But from what I know about SSRIs (my husband has been on them a few times) they can take up to 6 weeks to work. And very often the symptoms get worse before they get better. You're not going mad or having a mental breakdown. Your brain and body is just trying to adjust to the meds. So try to hang in there a little bit longer. You've 3 weeks of hard work done. Things should get easier in the next few weeks.

Ethansmom
06-10-17, 19:10
I'm feeling the exact same way. We are all here for each other. I hope your medication works. What med are you taking?

Carrera74
06-10-17, 20:40
I'm starting mine on Sunday and have this to look forward to, but from what I've read it's the norm til they kick. Keep on in there!

cattia
06-10-17, 21:33
Thank you all for your replies, it does really help to talk to people who understand. Ethansmom I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this too. I am on Sertraline. I was on prozac years ago and it was rough until week 4 so I'm trying to stick it out until then but it's hard! I have the odd time when I feel ok then I get hit by these waves of feeling awful like I just want to lay down and sink into the ground. It's horrible.