PDA

View Full Version : Lump behind ear anxiety is rearing it’s ugly head again

Natalie2389
06-10-17, 22:37
Hi not posted in a while needing some reassurance I guess! I have a lump behind my ear just up from my earlobe been there about 2 weeks was sore to begin with and red went Docs she didn’t say much just gave me antibiotics anyway it’s still there not sore anymore but I’m aware of it and it is sometimes itchy. I’m really worried it’s something more anyone else suffered from this

Nicnac5
07-10-17, 12:03
I have one in the exact same spot. Worried me for ages and ages until I realised it flared up if I had a cold or hayfever or something like that! I don't get worked up about it anymore but it took me a while.

Natalie2389
07-10-17, 16:53
Thanks for your reply how big is urs does it itch I just can’t shake the fear

Nicnac5
07-10-17, 22:01
I feel like it's itchy when I'm more aware of it! It's there all the time usually pea sized, then gets a bit bigger if I'm a bit under the weather. Been to the doctors a couple times and she always says it's just the body fighting colds, allergies etc, and since then I've found it's pretty common so I try and not worry anymore, but I know that's easier said than done!! X

GingerFish
08-10-17, 13:07
My mum has a lump directly behind her earlobe and I have one directly behind my jaw. Both of ours are just lymph nodes that never went down from past infections. I was worried about mine as its rock solid but it got the all clear. Mine aches and itches from time to time as well. Our lumps are about Malteaser sized I'd say and have been like that for years now.