PDA

View Full Version : Spasms in my back

CeeCeeCee
06-10-17, 22:49
It's such a strange horrible feeling, I was hoping it would go away. I was wondering if it could be digestion related, IE intestines/colon spasms after going to the loo, as I have IBS. Anyone any ideas, I'm worrying about it and it's spoiling my days?

MyNameIsTerry
07-10-17, 02:09
Do you mean the lower back? I get those as part of anxiety although rarely now. It used to be as I got into a meeting and I would be trying to stop myself jerking around for the first few minutes whilst I settled in.

The worst ones were in my neck. Argh. They were much more intense causing my jaw/face to grimace and head to scrunch and lasted for hours at worst and then soreness for weeks. Thankfully I've only had that twice.

CeeCeeCee
07-10-17, 23:17
It's both upper and lower, sometimes feels it's also in my chest. I sometimes think it could be my heart, hence the pulsing.

Have not had it in my neck though do get aches. Could yours be nerve related?

MyNameIsTerry
08-11-17, 04:44
Sorry CeeCeeCee, only just come back to this.

Yes, mine was definately a nerve spasm in my neck. I had a read around about them and it matched what I found.

Since you have IBS & anxiety, my money would be on one or both of them. If it happens when going to the toilet, perhaps more IBS related? But what I found with my neck spams is that they came on when I was tensing my head downwards due to exersion so perhaps the same can be said of toilet trips for you?