PDA

View Full Version : Fear of UTI escalating

hypochondricat
07-10-17, 01:57
I was diagnosed after an a+e visit with a UTI and was told it wasnt early but it wasn't too far. I was given an Cipro but only got to take it once as a tablet due to an allergic reaction. I was worried that over the course of not being on the antibiotic that'd my uti wouldnt get better cause I began to feel some lower back pain and pain under my ribs. They diagnosed the rib pain as muscular and did xrays and a urine sample and everything looked fine. I started a different antibiotic but noticed i had a metallicy/foul taste in my mouth before my next dose (I had already taken 2 doses), on top of pain I assumed was nerve pain.

Not feeling so well on taking another dose (at night), I decided to wait til my docs apt which was in the morning. In the morning my rib pain was still there but subsided a little, i still had a little back pain but it seemed to move about, pinching a bit. I was also getting constipated and (tmi incoming) having bouts of diarrhea after my morning dose and apt. The diarrhea was so constant that I found light streaks of blood when cleaning and that my urine was going back green when it had been just fine before my next dose. I freaked out called doc who said to halt my dosages til my next earliest apt. Now I haven't exactly been eating well ever since my UTI scare - but when i do it it's not like the taste is different. I have noticed my discomfort at my ribs remains and I've lost a little weight - prob due to the not eating.

Now I'm scared that with being told to stop my dosages, I can't stop thinking my UTI is going to progress because of that weird taste in my mouth and I also felt a stinging pain run across my upper abdomen. I was told twice by two diff doctors it wasn't likely and that i'm a very anxious person but I don't want to doubt them but I'm also terrified of all the "what ifs"

I've noticed sleeping on my right side somewhat alleviates my rib issue but just resting in general seems to put me at ease but now it doesnt seem to work much. Idk if me not eating is helping me at all as well and my xrays did show my kidney was fine but i have it stuck that what if they just appear fine?

daisyflower
07-10-17, 08:37
Are you drinking a TONNE of water and cranberry juice? Keep flushing it out and it will get better. Antibiotics always upset my tummy too. I have IBS so it makes matters even worse. Also make sure you are rinsing any soap etc in the shower from that area and wash morning and evening when on your period. Oh and don't wear thongs!

---------- Post added at 08:37 ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 ----------

Ignore that rib pain. I've had kidney stones and trust me, it's not just some rip pain, kidney problems are AGONY.