PDA

View Full Version : Armpit lymph node

stressedanxious
07-10-17, 02:06
I’m scared. I’ve had this lymphnode for like 2 years in my right armpit .
I’ve had multiple ultra sounds fine needle Aspiration on that as well. Then most recent ultrasound was 2 months ago they said it was Bengn lymph nodes.

Well I feel like it looks a bit bigger now. And I also , my left armpit has little lymph node too now.

I cut my left finger a bit.

Ellient
07-10-17, 02:23
You've literally had confirmation it is a normal lymph node, it has probably got bigger from the amount you've more than likely been touching it! :shrug:

I'm not a doctor but you've had multiple tests and confirmed it isn't bad, so what is the point of worrying about it? what more do you want the doctors do?

thestruggle
07-10-17, 19:13
Some people are able to feel their lymph nodes apparently.. If it's closer to the skin surface and perhaps you don't have a lot of fat there, you'll be able to easily locate just by feeling around the area :) If it's been up for 2 years already and you've been scanned 2 months ago, it's likely to be nothing as it wouldn't become abnormal after such a short period of time. Do you find it goes up and down in size? If you keep touching and prodding it you will make it bigger.. Believe me, I know this one for myself! I've had some armpit node drama recently. I was scanned earlier this week and the woman who did the scan said my node wasn't even swollen! I can feel it and it's bigger than the others nearby, but apparently that can be normal :D I thought because I could feel it and it fluctuates in size that something was wrong..

stressedanxious
08-10-17, 19:11
I felt my neck in the front now I feel a small pea size node it moves around I’m super freaked out

Fishmanpa
09-10-17, 01:57
I felt my neck in the front now I feel a small pea size node it moves around I’m super freaked out

Being that "normal" lymph nodes can be the size of a small pea up to a grape or more, what specifically about your normal sized nodes (it you even really feeling nodes) is concerning?

Ohh yeah... wash your hands and use a band aid if needed for that little cut on your finger ;)

Positive thoughts

stressedanxious
09-10-17, 20:14
So I called my obgyn because I was curious what their thoughts were.
I told them I had an ultra sound on my right armpit 2 months ago, and it’s still there.
They asked me if it had gotten bigger. I told her I wasn’t sure.
I also told her my left armpit has a little node but it’s not as big.
She told me to come in tomorrow morning so the doctor can look at it.

I’m nervous . Why hasn’t it gone away by now? So creepy.

stressedanxious
10-10-17, 15:28
I’m losing it.
Went to obgyn for my armpit lymph and the doctor doesn’t know why they haven’t gone down.

He wants to go cat scan .

I’m terrified

Fishmanpa
10-10-17, 16:03
Did you tell him you've been poking and prodding it to death? That can and will make them swell and go shotty.

Positive thoughts

Ellient
10-10-17, 16:22
Like the above poster said, if you poke/prod even touch they will stay up, if you pick a scab over and over it doesn't heal properly, same as a gland. I don't know what area in your armpit it is but you could be irritating all the muscle too.

They have to send you for a scan, it's for your own sake, try not to touch it and you may see a difference.

stressedanxious
10-10-17, 17:16
I’m
So scared. I have an ultra sound today ...
Why didn’t the doctor comfort me? Why didn’t he say it could just be nothing ?? Why did he seem concerned ??? I asked him if it could be from breast feeding he said he doesn’t think so...

Great , now I’m really scared my life is gonna change ... I’m so scared this is truly scary.
Like I really can’t handle this anymore ...

Fishmanpa
10-10-17, 17:25
I know you're deep in the rabbit hole and can't see right now but just based on your history, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Let us know how you make out.

Positive thoughts

NervUs
10-10-17, 17:40
I’m
So scared. I have an ultra sound today ...
Why didn’t the doctor comfort me? Why didn’t he say it could just be nothing ?? Why did he seem concerned ??? I asked him if it could be from breast feeding he said he doesn’t think so...

Great , now I’m really scared my life is gonna change ... I’m so scared this is truly scary.
Like I really can’t handle this anymore ...

I have been there before. I have axillary nodes that were monitored for 2.5 years, I had to go in every 3-4 months.

You just need to push through the fear, don't prejudge, and hear what they have to say. Ask the tech to have the radiologist see you at the end of your appointment, to give you a sense of what you're looking at. Let them know you have serious anxiety over this. They always did that for me, and my nodes (which are still there, 4 years later) were benign. That's the most likely scenario.

Elen
10-10-17, 17:55
Did you tell him you've been poking and prodding it to death? That can and will make them swell and go shotty.

Positive thoughts

Were you honest with your doctor?

jojo2316
10-10-17, 18:34
I totally understand how you are feeling. I had a massive and real breast cancer fear recently where actual real doctors were concerned and not telling me it's in my head (as they usually do). All was fine though.
Anyway, enlarged auxiliary lymph nodes are pretty common- I too have them and have done for years. It is just the way they are. Often we with health anxiety end up getting stuff checked that a "normal" person would never have noticed.
My bet is you are fine
Jojo x

stressedanxious
10-10-17, 18:58
I mean I don’t like poke the nodes all day. I usually just look at them. If I do touch them, I just lightly touch.

I’m really scared .. I really scared cause I’m doing a n ultra sound now

I really don’t want it to be something scary. I’m very scared.
How will I take this.? I wish I was drunk

thestruggle
10-10-17, 19:05
Where in the armpit are the nodes and do you know roughly how many are enlarged? I'm sure the doctor is only getting you scanned because that's the only way to really see what's going on with them. Most likely they're just benign and reacting to something :D Even light touching and wiggling can keep them in a permanently "swollen" feeling state... I've not touched mine for a week at least now and can't even feel it.. I did have a light feel for it today, just to double check :) I'm sure the ultrasound is just a formality...keep us updated with how you get on!

thestruggle
10-10-17, 19:09
Sometimes they just don't...the more you prod and poke, the more they hang around too...even a light wiggle is enough I think :) I was wiggling mine a LOT (also right armpit) and it would go down, then flare back up again... Definitely get it looked at and scanned again for reassurance, but it's likely to just be enlarged for no real reason..

Elen
10-10-17, 19:16
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

NervUs
10-10-17, 19:19
Remember to breathe in and out.

You can do this! You can handle it! Bad news is not guaranteed! It will be over soon!

Fishmanpa
10-10-17, 19:21
This is the node they did a FNAB on a few months ago. That's the Gold Standard of tests and nothing was found so... :shrug:

Pokes and prods and as always...

Positive thoughts

Ellient
10-10-17, 21:15
If there is a swollen gland it's a doctors job to find out why, they can't sit and comfort you and tell you it's nothing when they can't see it, why would you go to the doctors looking for comfort? They're to help genuine health problems, no doubt if they didn't offer a scan you'd be worrying about why they aren't taking you seriously. I think you need to stop worrying about it have the scan you'll know then why it's up, probably due to being reactive and you can move on. I know it must be hard but what are the odds of it being it cancer compared to the odds of it being reactive to infection?

ServerError
12-10-17, 00:24
So how did the ultrasound go?