PDA

View Full Version : Lungs

marcc64
07-10-17, 12:51
What are the chances of having lung cancer without a cough? I'm really scared as I have been having most of the other symptoms minus the cough. I quit smoking and switched to vaping a week ago, also stopped cannabis which i smoked heavily for 2 years.

Really scared and my anxiety is through the roof at the moment so scared to see the doctor in case my fears are realized :(

Forgot to add I'm 26.

NervUs
07-10-17, 13:29
What symptoms are you having?

It's probably not lung cancer at your age, but it does happen. So, you should go to a doctor if you are having actual symptoms. It might be something else that could improve with treatment.

marcc64
09-10-17, 17:06
Started as episodes of feeling like I couldnt breath and no appetite. Well now I'm scared it might be stomach cancer and since I've fixated on my stomach the breathing issue seems to have stopped. it's the no appetite that has me scared, also burping quite a lot now which I read is a symptom of stomach cancer. (burping seems to happen when I go from laying/sitting down to standing)

I booked an appointment with the doctor but cant see me until next week. really scared at the moment.

Fishmanpa
09-10-17, 17:16
You've gone from lung cancer to stomach cancer in 2 days. You've quit smoking (good for you!) and your anxiety is ramped up a bit, thus the symptoms.

Let us know what the doctor says. I have a "Told ya so" ready for you ;)

Positive thoughts

KK77
09-10-17, 17:33
You've gone from lung cancer to stomach cancer in 2 days. You've quit smoking (good for you!) and your anxiety is ramped up a bit, thus the symptoms.

Let us know what the doctor says. I have a "Told ya so" ready for you ;)

Positive thoughts

Quite right, Fish. I have one ready too (that you gave me) ;)

Fishmanpa
09-10-17, 18:00
Quite right, Fish. I have one ready too (that you gave me) ;)

I have more if you need them. I sort out the "Told ya so's" from the complaints for such situations ;)

Positive thoughts

marcc64
11-10-17, 16:48
Thanks guys, find it very strange that my breathing issues have vanished since I became fixated on my stomach, will have to wait until next week for some answers.

Fishmanpa
11-10-17, 16:56
Thanks guys, find it very strange that my breathing issues have vanished since I became fixated on my stomach, will have to wait until next week for some answers.

Isn't that rock solid proof it's anxiety? :huh:

Positive thoughts