PDA

View Full Version : Throat Pressire/Squeezing

Trbfan
07-10-17, 13:10
Health Anxiety Related Question. Does anyone else in here struggle with a sensitive tight feeling around the outside of the throat? Like a squeezing or as if the outside of the throat is sensitive to touch and it will make you feel really weird?

This is an issue that started 3 or 4 months ago for me, when I lay down, especially if I was in an awkwad position before laying down to sleep, I will feel my throat feeling sensitive and I notice I'll feel vertigo sometimes when that happens, but I started having an issue where I started waking up feeling like I was about to gag or pass out due to pressure on my throat. I noticed if I tried to lay on my left side it would most likely happen after about 90 minutes of sleeping. 3-4 times the first week I woke up with the gagging or lightheaded feeling, I started only sleeping on my right side and it mostly stopped happening, but I just woke up now with it after laying on my left side. 90 minutes after I fell asleep, woke up feeling like I was gonna pass out, almost a gagging feeling and it feeling like there was a lot of pressure on my throat.

Can TMJ really do that, or has anyone else experienced something else like this, or should I worry about something else?