PDA

View Full Version : Lump in groin

Emily101115
07-10-17, 18:46
Hi all just wondering if somebody can help me.I am a female aged 24 with 3 children.I noticed a few weeks ago a lump in the left side of my groin.Its not painful however,to feel the lump I have to be stood up and sort of bent backwards.i have lost a lot of weight (I have exercising and dieting) I am wondering have I always had this lump and not felt it because I was so overweight or does this sound like a swollen lymph node?

I was really worried about cervical cancer back in 2015 and I was offered an early smear test (age 22) to put my mind at rest.This smear test came back normal.

Having health anxiety I am of course starting to put things together and come up the worst:(
I've not been in this place for a while

Murdock
07-10-17, 20:28
I don’t think swollen lymph nodes are a common symptom of cervical cancer or not one of the first things you’d be noticing. I’ve had the cervical cancer scare so I know how horrible it is. An all clear 2 years ago, your age and with no common symptoms I’d say you can rest easy. :)

Fishmanpa
07-10-17, 20:36
I'm going to put your post in a way that someone without anxiety sees it...

You're 24. You've been taking care of yourself and lost a lot of weight. You found a lump that can only be felt when you contort your body into a position that no one does in their normal daily life. No pain, no other symptoms to speak of...

What's that tell you?

Positive thoughts