PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone...newbie from oz

Trevs1
08-10-17, 06:44
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and just wanted to say hello and write about my issues. Don't really get to talk to anyone about my problems so I do find this very therapeutic even if no one replies or understands.

40yrs old. Was always a sensitive intoverted quiet child, a deep thinker. Now I'm the sensitive quiet introverted adult and still the deep thinker. I have 'thought' myself into anxiety and eventually depression and chronic low self esteem. Rejection and the like seem to really hit me hard 10 fold. I've mistaken this feeling for lost love.

Now I have this fear of being lonely as I grow older but I really appreciate being alone! Such a catch 22.

It's a constant battle but will be doing some group therapy shortly focusing on CBT, and the info on this website has been invaluable!

I found a quote that really resonated with me..

'The problem is not the problem. The problem is the incredible amount of thinking your doing with the problem. Let it go and be free.'

Cheers and best health and happiness to everyone!!

T

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Chick100
08-10-17, 07:29
Hi Trevs1.

Glad you found somewhere to talk freely and its helping you. Sure the CBT will help too.

I Like your quote, if only it was easier to let go and be free ! Good that you found something that inspires though.

Trevs1
08-10-17, 12:45
Hi Trevs1.

Glad you found somewhere to talk freely and its helping you. Sure the CBT will help too.

I Like your quote, if only it was easier to let go and be free ! Good that you found something that inspires though.Hi chick and thanks!

I know what you mean, letting go is easier said than done for some people. Myself included!

Nikolai
08-10-17, 16:03
Hi Trevs -- welcome to the forum! I'm new too.

You sound a lot like me. I could almost have written that myself. Makes me wonder: perhaps a lot of people with HA have a similar personality type? I've always been an introvert and deep thinker. Very private usually. I love being alone but when I fall into this HA pit there's no one for support, and negative thoughts can become self-reinforcing if they're uninterrupted.

All the best and welcome
Nikolai

MJunderway
08-10-17, 17:51
Hi Trevs1,

New to the forum but also super sensitive introvert. Current health scare is forcing me into letting go. I'm finding that by forcing myself not go into my head that I have to be present with all the feelings as they come up. I find that they hurt both mentally and physically. When they were just all in my head, they only hurt mentally.

I think that sensitive people (introverts, empaths, etc) feel things on a much different level. Almost kind of like when babies are still learning to process info from the nervous system and can't tell the difference between being uncomfortable due to being hungry, cold or emotional sensations like picking up on stress signals coming from a parent. Introverts like spending time inside themselves because the outside world can be too overwhelming.

Anyway, there are things to do to feel better. Talking helps a lot. Mind-body work is really helpful. Hope you find what you need on the forum!:)

Lola-Lee
09-10-17, 02:00
G'day:D and welcome Trev.

Trevs1
09-10-17, 09:01
Hi Trevs -- welcome to the forum! I'm new too.

You sound a lot like me. I could almost have written that myself. Makes me wonder: perhaps a lot of people with HA have a similar personality type? I've always been an introvert and deep thinker. Very private usually. I love being alone but when I fall into this HA pit there's no one for support, and negative thoughts can become self-reinforcing if they're uninterrupted.

All the best and welcome
NikolaiHi Nikolai,

Thank you :-)

I think we all have similar personalities. Do you find yourself moved by deep songs or movies or certain events ? I have to actively avoid them. Otherwise I can get quite emotional.

On the other hand i have this strong passion to learn more about our universe to help me understand why I'm here, what's my purpose, the bigger picture...

Should have been born far in the future !

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

Hi Trevs1,

New to the forum but also super sensitive introvert. Current health scare is forcing me into letting go. I'm finding that by forcing myself not go into my head that I have to be present with all the feelings as they come up. I find that they hurt both mentally and physically. When they were just all in my head, they only hurt mentally.

I think that sensitive people (introverts, empaths, etc) feel things on a much different level. Almost kind of like when babies are still learning to process info from the nervous system and can't tell the difference between being uncomfortable due to being hungry, cold or emotional sensations like picking up on stress signals coming from a parent. Introverts like spending time inside themselves because the outside world can be too overwhelming.

Anyway, there are things to do to feel better. Talking helps a lot. Mind-body work is really helpful. Hope you find what you need on the forum!:)Hi MJ, how do you stay out of mind? I find my thoughts wander alot. I'm relatively new to mindful thinking so staying in the now and observing is a little difficult for me at the moment

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 16:01 ----------

G'day:D and welcome Trev.Hi Lola, thank you :-))

MJunderway
09-10-17, 14:42
Hi Trevs1,

Staying out of your head is pretty hard. Esp, when you're stressed but I find that taking times like this current health scare to notice my patterns and force myself to not engage in mind-only thinking or use OCD mind tricks. I find it to be easier because I'm hyper aware during those times. But it's pretty eye opening to see just how many times I engage in that kind of thinking, sometimes up to 10+ times a minute!

I'm planning on doing other work around letting go of the controlling thoughts and processing the painful feelings as they come up but I'm not there just yet. Hope this helps!