PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of going to sleep.

deejaay2
08-10-17, 11:53
Still up (it's 5:53 where I am at.) — and I am having trouble sleeping. :weep:

Actually, I'm afraid of going to sleep. I know I have been feeling sluggish after nights of staying up. There are some symptoms I have and it's kind of similar to seizures. Felt slightly dizzy, pressure in the back of my head, strange feeling or about to go crazy/burst out in panic, forgetful. But it's scaring me and I might be severe sleep deprived. Which I am terrified of and can't get any rest. Uhh!

Deanna!

ocdbaking
08-10-17, 16:01
I can't say whether you are severely sleep deprived, but I know that when I went through a period of insomnia last year (I didn't sleep for about 5 days due to medication issues, perhaps getting about an hour of sleep a night) I felt dreadful. I had terrible brain fog, felt almost drunk, headaches etc. I thought I was going mad. However, once my medication change was abandoned, and I went back onto my old tablets, I was able to sleep a full night and felt soooooo much better for it! I felt the calmest I had all week. It's amazing the impact of a lack of sleep (or enough 'good' sleep) has.

I understand the fear of going to sleep. I've struggled with it for fears, and it was at its worse last summer. I personally take mirtazapine for my anxiety and OCD issues, which helps me to get to sleep without any issues. My counsellor at the time also helped me to change some of my behaviours around bed time to help stop the cycle of avoidance.

No easy answers to give you, other than it will improve.

AntsyVee
08-10-17, 19:00
So Deanna, first you were worried because you couldn't sleep, and now you're worried to go to sleep.

Did you ever see the doc or the therapist?

deejaay2
09-10-17, 01:50
I can't say whether you are severely sleep deprived, but I know that when I went through a period of insomnia last year (I didn't sleep for about 5 days due to medication issues, perhaps getting about an hour of sleep a night) I felt dreadful. I had terrible brain fog, felt almost drunk, headaches etc. I thought I was going mad. However, once my medication change was abandoned, and I went back onto my old tablets, I was able to sleep a full night and felt soooooo much better for it! I felt the calmest I had all week. It's amazing the impact of a lack of sleep (or enough 'good' sleep) has.

I understand the fear of going to sleep. I've struggled with it for fears, and it was at its worse last summer. I personally take mirtazapine for my anxiety and OCD issues, which helps me to get to sleep without any issues. My counsellor at the time also helped me to change some of my behaviours around bed time to help stop the cycle of avoidance.

No easy answers to give you, other than it will improve.

Thank you for responding to my post. Truly appreciate it. — maybe I am not going through sleep deprived. Just insomnia. But I make sure to visit a doctor and talk about this. Can I try anything without taking the sleep pills or?

---------- Post added at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

I know, I apologise. But soon. I'll be going.

---------- Post added at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

I know, I apologise. But soon. I'll be going!