PDA

View Full Version : Tablets!!!

bingjam
08-10-17, 15:28
Ok so I'm going to feel totally stupid for this later.
Basically I went to the pharmacy to get some ear drops for my ears but she said I sounded bunged up and thinks it's my sinuses.

So she gave me some sudafed decongestants, the little red pills

Anyhoo. I can not swallow tablets, even the smallest one but I thought I'd give them a go,

Low and behold after about 5 minutes I gave up. But now I'm thinking. It disolved abit in my mouth as I was trying and obviously tasted vile but obviously swolloeed some of the stuff in the tablet.

I read up on them and apparently they contain something similar to speed and cause fast heart beat and thumping heart. I have a little worry about my heart as is it.

So will having the coating and some of the tablet that dissolved as I was trying to take it do any harm?? Apparently, people with anxiety should avoid them???

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

Anyone?

ocdbaking
08-10-17, 15:52
Short answer - no, the tiny, tiny amount you've ingested will not cause any harm.

MyNameIsTerry
08-10-17, 16:22
Some of these types of products contain pseudo ephedrine which is probably what you are thinking about with speeding up HR. It's perfectly safe unless you have a condition that it's not safe for, which it would say about.

Think of it like getting a load of caffeine. Similiar response.

That will be why it may say avoid if sensitive like with anxiety if it says that. If you've found that by reading what other anxiety sufferers say then it's completely individual as some of us can't take caffeine either but others are fine with it.

It won't feel like speed though. I used to take stimulants (legal ones) when I was into weights and these are far stronger than in a decongestant. Those can make newbies a bit hyper due to the higher content. The decongestants just aim to give someone feeling like poo a bit of an uplift.