Favorite characters?

Magic
08-10-17, 15:53
Ross!

Noivous
08-10-17, 15:59
Ross!

LOL! How could I have guessed, Magic.

The show seems to be all the rage here right now. I jumped on board. My goodness the show is a romantic's dream.

Of course who can't like Ross. I like Caroline too. What do you think happened to Dwight?

MyNameIsTerry
08-10-17, 16:12
Not seen any of it. How does it compare to the original? I'm guessing they sexed it up from the reviews I've seen of it. I didn't see the original either but I remember seeing it out on video (yes, it goes back that far!!!) when I started my first job after leaving college.

Noivous
08-10-17, 16:27
It was written in the late forties I guess, Terry. Yeah it's not really that sexed up believe it or not. Though everyone in the show is a good looking person of course. And everybody's teeth are absolutely perfect. I highly doubt it was like that at that time LOL.

MyNameIsTerry
09-10-17, 08:37
It's probably the articles in mags swooning over bare chested blokes I've picked up on. But the BBC tend to be sexing stuff up at the moment...although Rome had a fair bit in years ago.

Noivous
09-10-17, 16:09
Ok so Elizabeth is getting hooked on Laudanum...oh boy...

Lucinda07
09-10-17, 17:28
So would I if I was in her shoes!
I saw the original on video a long time ago. I think it would seem dated now. Demelza was quite cheeky & Ross more law abiding & gentlemanly.
Which series is presently being shown on USA TV?

Noivous
09-10-17, 18:12
So would I if I was in her shoes!
I saw the original on video a long time ago. I think it would seem dated now. Demelza was quite cheeky & Ross more law abiding & gentlemanly.
Which series is presently being shown on USA TV?

Hahaha! Yes Lucinda the poor girl has been through quite a bit.

Right now it's on Sunday night's on PBS.

Magic
10-10-17, 12:41
Dwight the doctor. if you are behind with the story. I am not saying.

I have seen different versions of Poldark, and I cannot remember any of the endings.
There are lots of books about different characters that are in the series too x

Noivous
10-10-17, 14:11
Last time we saw Dwight he was in a very nasty French pow camp but still alive. Ross brought word to his new bride Caroline that he is still alive.

Lucinda07
11-10-17, 15:08
Ross is an experienced soldier & not easily defeated. Where there is a will, there is a way! Dwight will stay strong for Caroline & Horace, the cute pug dog. (I wonder if the pooch prefers it when Dwight is away? More cuddles from his mistress!)

Noivous
11-10-17, 15:39
See...you learn something new every day. I didn't know who Horace was! And he gets to cuddle with Caroline:hugs:...lucky dog.

Lucinda07
11-10-17, 16:04
Horace featured in the novels, but because Gabriella Wilde was pregnant the dog appeared more often to avert the viewers eyes from the bump!

Google: "Poldark. Horace the pug is a total diva" to find out more....