PDA

View Full Version : Don't feel this can just be health anxiety

Fee88
08-10-17, 19:48
Hi everyone. I suffer really bad with health anxiety and am literally petrified of becoming really ill. I have myself totaly convinced that I have cancer. I have had a lot of symptoms over the years but at the moment I'm experiencing a lot of pain in my upper back. Radiating through to my chest. I have experienced a lot of pain towards the aid rib area of my back and was at the doc on Friday and she said it's in the region of my pancreas and I've to go for blood tests on Tuesday I not have myself convinced of pancreatic cancer I'm getting a lot of heartburn the last few days which I've never really had beforeeither do this is worrying me as could be a prob with pancreas. Every other niggle or pain I feel I think this must be related and it's spread. I'm terrified!! I can't bear to hear stories of people dying suddenly of cancer as I just beleive it's going to be me! I feel I have a constant pain in my chest and upper back and also keep getting numbness and tingling at the top of my back which has to be something serious??

Brunamateus
08-10-17, 22:20
Hey, the pain from your chest and back plus numbness and tingling is much probably due to your anxiety, I'm telling you this as someone who experiences the same things when having high levels of anxiety...this is because when you're anxious you tense up a lot of muscles but mostly the ones in your back/shoulders/neck and so on, and the chest pain is much probably due to accelerated or trouble breathing which can also lead to the back pain...don't worry, probably nothing to worry about ��