PDA

View Full Version : FNA on tuesday

Mamafox2
08-10-17, 22:52
Looking for positive thoughts and prayers I have an FNA of a left supraclavicular node on Tuesday. I’m so nervous, and would just really appreciate it. Thank you

roseanxiety
09-10-17, 01:11
Positive thought for you and prayers too. What is an FNA though?

Fishmanpa
09-10-17, 02:07
Positive thought for you and prayers too. What is an FNA though?

Likewise with the positive thoughts. A FNA is a fine needle aspiration. It's the definitive test for determining any issues. I was diagnosed via FNA. I see by looking at your post history this has happened before for the same thing two years ago. Let us know what they find out.

Positive thoughts

Mamafox2
09-10-17, 02:13
I had a core biopsy on a groin one that my OB felt, two months after that and I was taught how to do monthly lymph checks I found a right clavicular node, no one cared it was ultrasounded and still there 2 years later but smaller... now 2 months ago a left one. It’s 1 cm but I feel like it’s growing, my surgeon isn’t concerned although google says the worse and it’s just confusing how everything I read says it’s an extremely suspicious locations yet he’s not too worried. I asked him to take it out and he said he didn’t want to do surgery on a 30 year old, holding this fna gives answers

Fishmanpa
09-10-17, 02:27
I had a core biopsy on a groin one that my OB felt, two months after that and I was taught how to do monthly lymph checks I found a right clavicular node, no one cared it was ultrasounded and still there 2 years later but smaller... now 2 months ago a left one. It’s 1 cm but I feel like it’s growing, my surgeon isn’t concerned although google says the worse and it’s just confusing how everything I read says it’s an extremely suspicious locations yet he’s not too worried. I asked him to take it out and he said he didn’t want to do surgery on a 30 year old, holding this fna gives answers

That speaks volumes... let us know when you find out.

Positive thoughts

Thelegend27
09-10-17, 07:39
Good luck, you got this.

I know what you mean, the internet doesn't have positive things to say about supraclavicular nodes, but i've seen many users posting about them and i never seen any come back and say it was the big C word.

I have node's in the supraclavicular region according to my doctor but he says that they are not supraclavicular nodes they are just close to them.

Best wishes.

Mamafox2
11-10-17, 15:27
Had my appt with the radiologist...the nurse said he specializes in ultrasound. He was not concerned about the look or apperence of the left clavicle node and said he didn’t want to do an FNA... I hope it was the right decision and I’ll keep an eye on it...it’s in a place that has a bad rap but we shall see.

Fishmanpa
11-10-17, 16:29
So there ya go! :D NO WORRIES!

Positive thoughts

Mamafox2
11-10-17, 16:48
OnE thing is like to share for all us crazy lymph node Checkers is that 6 years ago I had strep throat a node at the base of my hair line got bigger than an quarter, they ultrasound it and it’s still bigger than a CM but bc it’s been there so long he didn’t care , so there are times they don’t go completely back