PDA

View Full Version : Pregabalin and Diazepam

MissB85
09-10-17, 05:37
Hiya

I have been on 40mg citalopam for a year now but recently I have had a major relapse due to work stresses.

My GP has prescribed 25mg Pregabalin twice a day with 2mg diazepam to take as needed.

I had minor side effects with the pregabalin which is why my GP has started me on a low dose.

I've had diazepam before (suffered whiplash a couple of years ago) and it doesn't have the same effect this time. It used to make me sleep and knock me right out which is why I've got it this time as I don't sleep through the night.

Pregabalin isn't helping me sleep either and the aniexty side of things did lessen slightly until last night. I managed to go into the city too and just felt like I was in a bubble in a world of my own.

Should I push for a higher dose of either of the medications?

Talihina Sky
10-10-17, 17:05
Hi I am on pregabalin 75mg twice daily and it's really helping my anxiety. It's made me feel much calmer and therefore happier too.

I am also on diazepam 5mg as needed, which is becoming increasingly rare with the succeeds of pregabalin. Diazepam 2mg don't touch my symptoms.

Be careful with the diazepam- they are only a temporary help at best and can cause memory and rebound anxiety the more you take them.

From my own experience I would say see your gp with a view to increase the pregabalin?

Good luck I hope you feel better soon - anxiety is horrible when it flares up xxx

skymaid
13-10-17, 14:20
I didnt see any real benefit from pregablin (apart from an initial boost for a few days at first) until i got up the recommended dose for anxiety which is 300-600mg a day.

I also have 5mg diaz as needed but i only ever use them for exposure therapy for agoraphobia now. No more panic attacks thankfully

MissB85
14-10-17, 18:33
I was given notice on my current home on Wednesday, with my job on the line it was all too much so I had a major breakdown.

I have managed to find a place to move into, that will accept my pets too but I can't relax.

My anxiety is through the roof, I spent 3 days not eating, shaking, sweating, feeling drunk, cutting myself, imagining killing myself and having IBS. So I guess my pregabalin isn't high enough :-(

Today I crashed into depression, slept most of the day and have spent the rest of it in bed.

Dunkelheinburger
16-10-17, 12:29
Hi missB

At least you managed to sleep and post here. Look at the positives. You've probably gone through the worst already.

buang x