PDA

View Full Version : "Shifting" eyes/brain when looking at phone etc.

choccychompa
09-10-17, 14:01
Hi. Does anyone else get this? Sometimes when I'm looking at my phone, scrolling etc or crocheting (basically close-up stuff) my eyes or my brain will suddenly "shift". It's difficult to explain, but it freaks me out. I'm hoping it's just eye strain, but you know what health anxiety is like :( I'm convinced it's something sinister, especially as I have weird tingling all over the right side of my scalp (I may have neck/posture problems. I don't know if this is related.)

Thank you for reading ❤

lofwyr
09-10-17, 14:18
Happens to me all the time. It is especially bad when I am doing it in the dark, and turn the phone off after scrolling. It is like a strobe light going off behind my eyelids.

choccychompa
09-10-17, 19:53
Thank you ❤

.Poppy.
09-10-17, 21:51
Yes, and I think it's related to eye strain. I went to my eye doctor and got a pair of special computer glasses to wear if I feel my eyes were being strained, and they really have seemed to have helped.

choccychompa
09-10-17, 21:59
Thanks Poppy ❤

Zomboy
09-10-17, 22:59
Used to happen to me while playing video games especially if the screen shifted too quickly.
Don't worry about it :)

Shimmy81
10-10-17, 17:07
Hi,

I think I get this too...do you guys feel like for a split second or two everything in your vision/head just misses? Like looking at the screen of your phone and you can see it and know its there, but it just does not register for a very brief amount of time? It’s hard to explain lol but it’s almost like you missed a beat.....