PDA

View Full Version : Bone cancer panic attack :(

So
09-10-17, 18:31
I feel a nuisance on here my HA is so bad I’m sorry!

At work, spoke to a guy about my blood test coming up on Wednesday, I mentioned they’re testing bone density or something of the sort. He tells me that’s what they do when they test for bone cancer - he is trained in medicine and tells me that’s how his step mother found out. Well. Trip to toilet and full blown panic attack for me. Why is my brain like this. I’m done. So I did the best thing - googled symptoms of bone cancer and GUESS what I have all symptoms. Had bad ache pain in my bone for the last few days including sore ness in wrist. My arm is aching so much.

Any advice again on how to cope would be amazing. Feel like I’m going insane I mean I feel so bad I would pay about any amount to speak to someone right now.

NervUs
09-10-17, 19:16
As far as I know, he is incorrect. The only way any cancer can be diagnosed is with a biopsy.

I guess bone density problems could be a marker, but I just went through a sarcoma scare (in that I have a mass that was screened). Everything I read about bone cancer in my hours and hours spent reading about it is that pain and breaks are the symptoms.

Don't let people's off hand remarks get to you. Most of the time, people don't know what they're talking about!

Elliejane44
09-10-17, 19:19
I agree . It could be anything from muscle to ligament etc

How long you had pain and what you tried?

So
09-10-17, 20:06
I had a sore patch on my wrist 3 days ago, then last night a sore patch on my elbow. Then last night and all day today my shoulder and arm has been aching so bad.

Going out my head with panic. Worst thing is I’m at a meal with my mother in law and I’ve eaten about 1 fry because I feel so sick.

Had wrist ache in same side last week. Also been very ill last month and whole body hurt so much.

Just done 30 min gym class with weights though and my arms fine when I exercise, just seems to hurt when I rest.