PDA

View Full Version : BBC I-Player Problem

Bigboyuk
09-10-17, 20:02
Hi all I went to BBC I-Player today to watch a programme but no sound so tried a totally different programme still nothing so then presumed ok it must be my audio drivers in my pc but no as I have tried You Tube and another site with audio on them and fine so is it now pointing to a I-Player site problem? Or could it be still a audio driver problem? Could any one be kind enough to visit the I-Player site and check for me? TIA :) Cheers

Hollow
09-10-17, 20:55
It's working for me BBoy, maybe try using a different browser.

Magic
09-10-17, 21:04
Working alright for me just tested it after logging in to BBC BBoy

Bigboyuk
09-10-17, 21:19
Hmm It's always worked on IE which is updated when Windows send out updates are you both using windows ? Thanks for trying it out for me It could be a corrupt driver I guess but it's was ok the other day, would a full power off help? Cheers

Hollow
09-10-17, 21:34
I'm using Windows 7 with Google Chrome browser, yeah try restaring the computer, it usually sorts these kind of problems.

Bigboyuk
09-10-17, 21:43
I'm using Windows 7 with Google Chrome browser, yeah try restaring the computer, it usually sorts these kind of problems. I am Windows 8.1 which is still supported till 2020 may be longer :) is windows 7 still supported? Yeah going to give a power off and try that I know its helped in past with a Blue Screen of death Mircodoft wanted $150 to fix that :eek: I thought their support was free? if that doesn't work I have the genuine utility drivers from Intel so I can download them again. I will let you know thanks again :) Cheers

KK77
09-10-17, 21:47
Agent Hollow is an expert - which is why he helps mismanage our Complaints server :D

Hollow
09-10-17, 21:55
Yeah Windows 7 is still supported, it's still the most popular version of Windows and definitely the most stable. A lot of people that were on Windows 8.1 upgraded to 10 with the free upgrade option.

Bigboyuk
09-10-17, 22:22
:shades: no luck Hollow powered off completely powered on again, still no sound on I-Player
so going to download new utility drivers but will do this tomorrow thanks again :) Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
10-10-17, 01:33
Ringing people like Microsoft will result in big bills. It's like going to PC World. The small shops are far cheaper...and when you see the young lads in PC World it makes you wonder as to whether they vare just passing through to get work experience. They tried to charge me £150 for a PC check over & fix on a new build I was struggling with years ago...a local shop did it for £30. :yesyes:

Update drivers, run anti virus, check which drivers are missing, may even need to roll back a problem driver, etc. Lots of possibilities.

Magic
10-10-17, 12:30
I am still on Windows 7. I did not want to upgrade as it would send everything wrong.
I go to the Google site and u tube.
BigB could you back date your lap top to an earlier time?
In my opinion PC World are hopeless anyway.
If you ask for advice there No one seems to be able to give advice.
There is a place I can give you the number if you want if you pm me.
It's in Longbridge Hayes.

Bigboyuk
10-10-17, 12:40
I am still on Windows 7. I did not want to upgrade as it would send everything wrong.
I go to the Google site and u tube.
BigB could you back date your lap top to an earlier time?
In my opinion PC World are hopeless anyway.
If you ask for advice there No one seems to be able to give advice.
There is a place I can give you the number if you want if you pm me.
It's in Longbridge Hayes.I actually hadn't had many problems with Windows 8.1 it came pre loaded on the pc stick which was only £95 brand new :) I have heard about back dating to a early time but not sure how this works and would presume it still would have the correct date and time? Is it difficult to do? Oh tell me about Pc world I agree with you they are dreadful on advice and repairs and expensive. too would touch them with a barge pole not after the hassle over a tv I bought from there that went wrong never again!! Just going to download the new utility drivers in a bit and see if that restores the sound for BBC I-Player so may need that number off you will let you know thank you :) Cheers

Magic
10-10-17, 12:57
All The best BigB. Back dating will probably take Windows 8 off anyway and you have already paid for it so be careful. Not on here all the time. Usually once a day.

Bigboyuk
10-10-17, 16:57
I Phoned Intel and their support is great and free spoke with tech support and they are sending me in a email new utility drivers for Audio in a short while, I cleared history and cache to no avail so just waiting for the email off them and then will download the new drivers fingers crossed please Thanks again everyone :) Edit new drivers installed well think they have it opened up on desk top screen and it seems to have downloaded although no confirmation of download/progress bar so not sure if it has. In the email that was sent it said Intel no longer support this model of the computer stick but they still sent me the update link. if it has downloaded are you supposed to open the download or once it's downloaded it's ready to use?? Thanks again :) Cheers

---------- Post added at 16:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

Well needless to say it's not fixed the problem so downloaded Opera Browser and will use it just for BBC I-Player and any other site that shows a audio problem tech sucks sometimes and takes time to fix Ahh but all good now :) Cheers

Bigboyuk
18-10-17, 11:54
Update: Sorry for the delay I decided the other day to check IE on the BBC I-Player and it's working again Yay I suspect the recent Windows update included (this time round) a new version (not patched) of IE as I got a on screen message first time I have had a message straight after a windows update! (not new window with a X in the top right corner) saying Message From Webpage mentioning about learn more about IE and security settings do you want to know now? Yes/No/Later Its a long white banner from left to right It's generic message similar to say when in emails and you are deleting etc mails it will say Message from Webpage do you wish to delete these emails Ok/Cancel so I know it's not a scam Thanks to everyone for their help :) Cheers

Magic
18-10-17, 15:36
Glad you got that sorted BB. I think it is very frustrating when things go wrong with computer.