PDA

View Full Version : Follow-up doctor's visit

.Poppy.
09-10-17, 21:51
My roommate and I recently came down with some sort of nasty cold. Hers started with strep and then moved onto what is probably bronchitis; I had a sore throat for only a day and then it moved into my lungs. I went to the Dr, they said viral bronchitis, and gave me cough pills. That didn't work and my lungs were burning, so I went back, they took an X-ray, gave me a Z-pack, prednisone, and an inhaler. It's helping some, I think.

Anyway, when they took the X-ray, the doctor said that it looked like I had a lot of gas in my stomach. Not terribly surprising, but I've had stomach pain lately that I need to go to the doctor for. Really, my digestion is all over the place, I'm wondering if it's maybe my meds but I'll see. The doctor in question wasn't my regular doctor, so I didn't really pursue it.

I just got a call from my regular doctor's office that I am supposed to go back in because the other doctor requested a 10 day follow-up. I'm racking my brain trying to remember if this is a "normal" request.

I'm telling myself that if something really sinister was going on (they'd seen something in my lungs, seen something in my abdomen) they would have sent me somewhere ASAP instead of having me wait 10 days and sending me back to my regular GP - would that be a correct assumption?

I'm not freaking out...yet. But am actively trying not to.