PDA

View Full Version : Doctors again

Noworryjonny
10-10-17, 17:45
So I went back to docs today about my back and he said my levels of anxiety over back pain is extreme, and has said I really need to get on top of it asap he was really good and just said I haven't got AS as MRI did not indicate anything and I had a full blood count done which shows no inflammation do indicate anything like fibro or things so he said I am suffering from bad posture and stress and the more I think and make myself aware of my body the more feelings and pain I will feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ellient
10-10-17, 17:46
Didn't you already know all this? Going to the doctors is just another too seek reassurance from what you already know, the other day you said you felt more positive. What's changed?

Elen
10-10-17, 17:54
Do you have plans to do something about your posture also finding out techniques to rationalise your thoughts would be a great move as well.

Noworryjonny
10-10-17, 20:03
I did but me being me I wanted to make sure 100% and it's just because the pain is still there and I expect it just to go like that when really it isn't going too until I strengthen my back and improve my posture

Bigboyuk
10-10-17, 20:10
Jonny tbh with ya we cant keep reassuring you, not because we don't care but its not helping you atall :) I am with the other posters on this, get your anxiety under control and some techniques to help your back problem you are fit young guy wish I was your age again life is way to short Cheers

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

I did but me being me I wanted to make sure 100% and it's just because the pain is still there and I expect it just to go like that when really it isn't going too until I strengthen my back and improve my posture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Think you have answered your own question look at your last 9 words of your post and keep looking at them till the penny drops I wish you well mate :)

Noworryjonny
10-10-17, 21:00
I know it's just hard to accept that posture and stress can cause this much pain but I really shouldn't doubt the professionals

Elen
10-10-17, 21:02
And now we are back to the start of the circle.

The choice is yours. Take action regarding your posture (easy fix). Do something to get to sort out your cognitive dissonance (not so easy)

pulisa
10-10-17, 21:05
Don't start this all again, jonny... Please listen to what people are saying?

Ellient
10-10-17, 21:12
I don't understand how can a doctor saying it isn't serious assure you but not a MRI scan, the more you focus on the pain the more it won't go, we can sit here and type and tell you it's not serious but you already know that. I don't get it, what are you actually looking for when you post these things? you already know it isn't serious so no one can even reassure you anymore, it can take years to get a good posture being your height.

Noworryjonny
10-10-17, 22:14
Ok cheers guys

KK77
10-10-17, 22:58
I know it's just hard to accept that posture and stress can cause this much pain but I really shouldn't doubt the professionals

What are you taking for the pain and are you working on correcting posture?

Noworryjonny
10-10-17, 23:40
I have taken nothing for the pain, (ready for well what do you expect) haha An I haven't done anything really in posture wise

thismightbezach
11-10-17, 00:31
You should read The Mindbody Prescription by Dr. John Sarno.

It's all about TMS (Tension myositis syndrome). The theory is that psychological issues like anxiety, stress, and depression cause musculoskeletal problems such as back pain and headaches.

MyNameIsTerry
11-10-17, 01:41
Do you find if the pain is worse, it makes you panic more? If so, if you use some things to control the pain can it help keep your anxiety reduced until you get the help you need with that?

Bigboyuk
11-10-17, 10:54
Iam bemused in post 12 you say you haven't took anything for the pain and posture wise You haven't really done anything?? Can I ask why, and do you want to get better?? Cheers

KK77
11-10-17, 13:10
I have taken nothing for the pain, (ready for well what do you expect) haha An I haven't done anything really in posture wise

At least take something for the pain so your anxiety isn't constantly focusing on it? :shrug:

Pain can also prevent us from adopting correct posture by keeping us in a defensive hunched and tense position.

Noworryjonny
11-10-17, 13:12
Yea you are right, I am constantly thinking about my back An yea I work in a office

KK77
11-10-17, 13:28
http://www.nurofen.co.uk/media/396920/Nurofen_Core_200_Tabs_16_wMedium.jpg

Noworryjonny
11-10-17, 14:05
Hha cheers kk

Bigboyuk
11-10-17, 14:08
You could use Voltarol it's a cream and targets the area of pain straight away! Can I ask are you ok weight wise too, but not saying it isn't in your case! You can beat this mate that I do know :) Cheers

Noworryjonny
11-10-17, 14:51
Na I'm 13 stone and 6ft 3

Bigboyuk
11-10-17, 14:59
That is tall lol :) Just take each day one step at time. Continue with your excercises even when you aren't at work it will get easier though! Cheers

Noworryjonny
11-10-17, 15:00
I hope so an that's why the docs say the back pain is bad because I'm so tall An hunched over

Bigboyuk
11-10-17, 15:09
So are you permantly like that hunched over even when standing up? Tackle the pain first and try new positions keep your shoulders up right and try and not bend too much even though by bending it may give you relief it's sort of defeating the object if you follow!! I used to know some one who was 6' 6" and 20 stone and they had a good posture strangely enough If you take the steps that everyone has suggested you will see a marked improvement :yesyes: Cheers

Noworryjonny
11-10-17, 15:17
No just when I'm sitting down it's not a back pain where I can't move or anything just an ache like my muscles are strained an tense

Bigboyuk
11-10-17, 15:33
Try standing at your desk for a while, while you are working? Is your seat set up right for a good working position, maybe it's not high enough all these things can make a huge difference just by changing the seat positions mate :)