PDA

View Full Version : Sleep issues/ extreme fatigue

breakingbadhabits
10-10-17, 18:18
I recently got married and everything was amazing. However 2 days after I'm feeling exhausted. I haven't slept well in almost a week due to nervousness, alcohol consumption and probably a lot of salty foods. I already have sleeping issues where I wake up lots through the night. Last night I had a few beers and took some melatonin supplements and probably had some of my worst sleep to date, I woke up every hour in night sweats amid some pretty lucid dreams. Today walking around and my heart rate jumps up to 110 and I am getting tunnel/blurry vision. Should I try to rest or see a doctor?

NervUs
10-10-17, 18:30
Melatonin has an effect like that on me. Terrible sleep and I feel jumpy inside the next day.

I would just rest, try to get back to normal, and give it some time.

breakingbadhabits
11-10-17, 16:06
I'm just kind of worried because my heart rate has been going up much higher than normal. Usually when walking I'm around 80 bpm, right now I'm around 106 bpm. I also am having tunnel vision and forgetfulness

lior
11-10-17, 17:31
That sounds like it could be anxiety, and it's quite normal to feel anxious around big life events such as getting married, even though society tells us you 'should' be only 100% happy.

However if you're concerned it's not anxiety and it's something else, see a doctor. Perhaps you could try a week of rest, regular food, and lots of hugs, before you see a doctor and see if it goes away. It's only been 2 days since the wedding!

Congratulations on getting married.

breakingbadhabits
12-10-17, 02:23
That sounds like it could be anxiety, and it's quite normal to feel anxious around big life events such as getting married, even though society tells us you 'should' be only 100% happy.

However if you're concerned it's not anxiety and it's something else, see a doctor. Perhaps you could try a week of rest, regular food, and lots of hugs, before you see a doctor and see if it goes away. It's only been 2 days since the wedding!

Congratulations on getting married.

Thanks! Anxiety definitely plays a part in it, when I notice something is off my anxiety makes it twice as bad. I do think I'm fighting something off like a sinus infection tho. Today I would get dizzy when I stood up or turned my head to quickly and had some weird tunnel vision. I'm trying to get some sleep but every night seems to be the same where I wake up every hour or two, roll around and fall asleep (repeat). I'm a horrible sleeper :weep:

lior
12-10-17, 22:57
Take it slow, and enforce a routine. This will pass :)