PDA

View Full Version : Still pain in left upper abdomen and no help

lisak789
10-10-17, 19:49
I still have bad pain under my ribs on my left side. I don’t eat much I’m losing weight I’m ready to end it all. I truely can’t take it. I tried to call Health link for help last night and she said I call there to much to stop wasting there time. I have no where else to turn anymore I think it’s some kind of cancer. My blood work and ultrasound came back good but I still don’t feel good it’s something. And I read all the time people’s bloods came back good and they still have a hidden cancer. I truely am so tired of feeling like this and no one will help me. Been to the er see I have anxiety and send me on my way like everything I’m telling them is made up. I just can’t live like this anymore

Autumn4
10-10-17, 20:51
I'm sorry you are feeling so bad & anxious. I can get v worked up over health things & thats HA for you ! The problem that we have is our anxiety actually fuels the pain & keeps it going.I really feel that the ultrasound would have picked up anything that was really wrong & with the blood tests being ok its all fine. I think that you need to breathe & tell yourself that you aren't going to think about it for 3 hours .Then set your alarm & go & do something to distract yourself. When your alarm goes off you can spend half an hour thinking anything you want about the pain & what you THINK it may be. Then set an alarm for 3 hours & repeat etc. What have you got to lose & what is likely to happen to you in those 3 hours that you don't think about it ?

braginskaya
14-10-17, 11:15
Have the doctors you've seen offered any kind of treatment for the anxiety? I had a similar thing a few months ago except mostly on the right side, and I'd 100% convinced myself it was cancer or liver disease or a ruptured organ until my doctor told me that it's quite common to get abdominal pains with severe anxiety. When you're anxious your muscles quite often tense up, which can cause cramps that don't always feel like the kind you get in your legs after exercising.

O_O
14-10-17, 14:29
So sorry Lisa. While I don't have your symptoms, I do have the most terrible health anxiety (I hope that's all it is) to the point that I have had some sort of breakdown. I am completely non-functional, not working, not going out, not washing. My saving grace is that I am now staying with my mother. She puts food in front of me and I try to eat it, though I have no appetite. She talks to me when I'm able to talk.

The feeling that something is wrong is more than being convinced... It's more like a 'knowing'. I hope that I'm wrong and that anxiety really can cause such extreme feelings. Every minute is hard to get through. There is never any respite because when I sleep I have bad dreams.

If you want to talk, please let me know. Like others have said, if there was something wrong then it's very likely that the scan and bloodworks would have picked it up. It's more likely to be something completely benign, exacerbated by your anxiety. But I know that's no comfort when you feel so bad.

lisak789
14-10-17, 19:57
I’m not good. I cry and cry all the time. I am ready to end it cause I’m sick of not getting any help. I feel like I am backed in a corner and I don’t know what else to do. The pain is not as bad but it’s still there and and I just want answers as why or if it is cancer. I am not living right now I can’t function or do anything just worry. I give up.

O_O
14-10-17, 20:08
I’m not good. I cry and cry all the time. I am ready to end it cause I’m sick of not getting any help. I feel like I am backed in a corner and I don’t know what else to do. The pain is not as bad but it’s still there and and I just want answers as why or if it is cancer. I am not living right now I can’t function or do anything just worry. I give up.

I'm so sorry. Do you have anybody to help you? I think I'd be dead right now if I didn't have my mother basically acting as my carer and making me eat. How long have you had the symptoms? I'm not sure what other tests could be done to convince you it isn't cancer. How about you tell me all your symptoms and their durations and I'll tell you what I think it is, as an objective bystander!

lisak789
14-10-17, 20:14
Your so wonderful to want to help. My symptoms are more of a bruised feeling on my transverse colon going down the left front side. Bowel movements are getting normal, I still have a sick stomach and it’s hard to eat. It even hurts on my left rib area when I take a breath. It’s weird cause I can see I’m losing weight but yet my scale says I’m basically the same weight. I just feel horrible and all my symptoms point to either colon cancer or bowel cancer and all kinds of other cancer. Thank you so much for being here for me

O_O
14-10-17, 20:32
Your so wonderful to want to help. My symptoms are more of a bruised feeling on my transverse colon going down the left front side. Bowel movements are getting normal, I still have a sick stomach and it’s hard to eat. It even hurts on my left rib area when I take a breath. It’s weird cause I can see I’m losing weight but yet my scale says I’m basically the same weight. I just feel horrible and all my symptoms point to either colon cancer or bowel cancer and all kinds of other cancer. Thank you so much for being here for me

There are so many things this could be, and most of them are much more likely than cancer. You could have gastritis, just a bit of inflammation in the stomach. Or IBS, or some other treatable bowel condition. In my searches, I actually didn't see cancer come up at all as a possibility. I'm not saying it's impossible, just that other conditions are more likely. I think if you had bowel or colon cancer for an extended period you would start having blood in your stools. I know that doesn't help when you're convinced you have cancer though. Maybe you could go to your doctor and suggest some other likely conditions and see if medication for those helps?

Also (again, I'm not saying this is the case for sure, but it's definitely a possibility) some of those symptoms can definitely be caused by anxiety. I have terrible nausea and sickness sometimes. I also had stabbing pains in my chest and pain when I breathed when I thought I had lung cancer and/or angina. It went away when I realised it was anxiety. Have you tried any medication for anxiety to see if that does help? At least then you could start ruling things out.

I know that ultimately there's very little anyone can do or say to help when you feel like this. I'd feel the same as you if I had these symptoms and didn't know why. I do think getting help for the anxiety might give you a clearer perspective and be able to deal with your physical symptoms more easily and get a proper diagnosis. If indeed you still have the physical symptoms when the anxiety is treated!

lisak789
14-10-17, 20:47
Thank you so much for taking time out of your evening to help me. It means so much

O_O
14-10-17, 20:52
Thank you so much for taking time out of your evening to help me. It means so much

That's totally fine. I hope it helped, even if just a tiny bit.