PDA

View Full Version : Scared of everything

smoothie
10-10-17, 21:49
Hello, its me again!

My HA went away for about a week or two but now its back in full force. This time its brain problems. My vision has gotten worse recently, i used to have perfect vision but now its constantly slightly out of focus. This is a common anxiety symptom but i just cant shake the feeling that it might be MS or, god forbid, a brain aneurysm. :shrug:

This plays into two of my two biggest HA fears, being trapped in my own body, such as locked in syndrome or a coma, and dying suddenly.

Another thing is, I think i have swollen nodes in my neck and groin. Easily explained as i currently have a cold. But im worrying that they wont go away or that i have lymphoma and i got a cold because my immune system is repressed. I dont have night sweats and im not overly itchy and i havent lost any more weight since i dropped a stone/14 pounds about three months ago.

I also have apocalypse anxiety for some reason but at least if the world ends we all die together and probably instantly.

One recurring thought is that im very very very close with my girlfriend who is also my best friend. And the thought of one of us not making it to old age nearly brings me to tears.

Im 18 and i tried to make an appointment with the university counsellor, there was a waiting list which is understandable but i still dont have an appointment and a month has passed! :mad:

Velociraptor
11-10-17, 06:46
Sometimes you need to take a step back and have a look at the situation, or just plain old ask someone else for their opinion.

To me, it sounds like you just have a virus. A nasty virus can cause all of those symptoms including slightly blurred vision.

Another possibility of course is that you have a virus, and also need your eyes tested. When was the last time you went to an optician and had an eye test?

I've been through the same worries as you, and honestly distraction is key. Keep yourself busy and try your best not to think about it - Easiser said than done, I know!

Give it another 2 or 3 weeks and re-assess the situation. I'm betting you'll either be worrying about something completely different at that point, or even feeling better about things.

Keep yourself busy, and live your life.

You got this :)