PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 2- Understanding/overcoming acute symptoms

Meg
27-11-04, 20:45
All comments welcome.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

sadie
30-11-04, 21:31
Hi Meg,

I just wanted to let you know how great I think this Cd is. I dont really know exactly what you said in this CD which had such a profound affect on me but ever since I listened to this one I have felt so much better.

The part of 'you are your own safe place',has stuck in my mind and I have found myself saying this over in my head when i felt a bit anxious and I feel calm. I also took loads of notes which I have looked over since too. Overall I thought this CD was fab!!!

Well done Meg and thanks again.

sadie

Meg
30-11-04, 23:11
Thank you Sadie....

Really glad you've found it so helpful this soon.

Still 5 CD's left to go..

Love
Meg

lainey
01-12-04, 10:14
Hi Meg

This cd is as great as the first one, really helped put my mind at rest.
thanks again

Elaine x

pips
06-12-04, 17:26
Hi Meg,

All I can say is Ditto Ditto to both the above!

Best Wishes,

Love PIP'S XX XX

Sue
06-12-04, 17:46
Meg,

Brilliant!!

I think I am finally learning how to "fight the thoughts"

Thank you so much

Sue

Laurie28
06-01-05, 13:13
Hiya Meg,

Sorry it has taken soo long to post comments on this (I will try and put my comments for other 3 CD's I have listened to over next couple of days!)

I loved this CD as much as the first one

Especially the way you tell your own stories in the CD - really makes the listener understand that you know what they are going through.
(loved the story about you phoning traffic lines to take your mind off panic - made me laugh although I know the subject matter isn't funny)

Active Norman is very useful and I fully intend to write it out and put it on my fridge!! (until it is firmly implanted on my brain)

This CD helped me 'learn' alot - overreacting is certainly one of my weaknesses (even know)

Lucky

(PS I have still to listen to another two CD's and then would like to listen to them all back to back before I give you my feedbacks sheets - Is that okay?)

Meg
06-01-05, 15:57
Yes that's fine Lucky. Thanks

Love

Meg

jo-jo
09-03-05, 21:41
Hi Meg

CD no 2 is great. It has made me feel a whole load better about some of the stuff I've been through, for example I didn't realise that the acute phase affects everyone so badly; it was weeks of feeling knackered, hopeless and lost for me and it helps to know that those feelings weren't unusual. Also reassured to know that some of the symptoms 'hang on' for a while.

Had to smile at worrying about getting stuck in traffic and needing the loo ... that's happened to me so many times. Also, glad to hear its ok to feel embarrased and quite emotional about anxiety, which I certainly do and will go to just about any length to hide it from people I don't know really really well.

Love the tips on how to deal with acute anxiety/panic esp singing and dancing - you haven't heard my voice though ... will remember NORMAN too when I'm feeling jittery.

Will listen to CD 2 again and then aim to make my 'panic plan'.

Excellent CD, looking forward to listening to No 3.

Best wishes
Jo xx

"courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear"

Meg
10-03-05, 19:18
Glad they're helping you Jo-jo

sandy
16-03-05, 13:47
hi, how can i get a copy of the cd?

Meg
16-03-05, 15:00
Hi Sandy ,

Its a set of 8 and can be reached at www.overcominganxiety.co.uk.

There is a 25% discount for No More Panic members = £ 75.00

tammyg
03-10-05, 19:07
I have found these CDs to be a great help. There is so much information in them which is great for that moment of panic.

I also particuarly liked the idea of NORMAN which is now on a small card in my purse for quick access when needed. I have also chosen some key lines, which really rang true, and written them on the back of the card. Things such as 'Energry follows thought. If you think scared, you will feel scared.' This one in particular has helped me.

There was on a point on this CD talking about not listening to your negative thoughts and replacing them with positive ones at which point I said (out loud as you do!) 'If only it were that easy' and the very next thing Meg said was 'And yes, it is that easy'. LOL.

My experiences over the last two weeks though since working on this CD and CD 3 has been that Meg's right. I really wouldn't have believed it until I tried it.

Whereas in the past I had always thought 'oh no, ___ is happening which means ___(insert various world ending thoughts!)' I now make myself think '__ is happening right now which is uncomfortable but it's fine'.

My panic plan is also in my purse!! Very useful, thanks Meg.

Tammy x